cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM script works intermittently

kavle
Level 1
Level 1

Intermittently call goes dead air after it hit "Run external script " (where I tried GD and M application)

sometimes I hear IVR script and sometimes not and in the CVP logs I don't see error indicating the problem, call completion code is normal

7 Replies 7

Hi, can you provide some additional information like:

* what version of PCCE and CVP

* what is the application you're trying to (i.e. some basic microapp I'm guessing)

* Is it only certain callers like from certain gateways that fail or a call that came in one path will work one time and fail the next?

* Etc.

Hello ,

kavle_0-1670507571411.png

this is the version we are using - 12.6

yes its a simple basic application.(no vxml or call studio)

its just random I think , call can fail both CVPs -- is there a way that I can isolate this issue .... need some help

It says it is in lab mode, are you using this for a real customer, as that could be the issue as far as limitations.

Hi sir .. Lab and prod same version . I was logged into Lab and provided the screeshot from there.

the problem is , if the call comes from PSTN( I have assigned  a DID  ) and hit CVP first and then ICM it works fine we dont see the intermittent issue there.

however if I call the same script internally via Finesse desktop it is working intermittently-- I have different DN(just a non DID 4000000805) assigned to same call type to route the call from CUCM and it causing the issue .

so not sure whats the issue when the call routes via cucm to ICM and then CVP

If it is always an issue with UCM originated calls, then you'd want to look at the config in the script. For instance, how are you setting/deciding on what CVP/VXML to send the calls to? Some people set it up randomly vs. others hard code that in the script. Perhaps you're sending UCM calls to one of the servers that isn't equipped for it. The reason it may be working with inbound calls is that you could be using different label/different significant digits.
Can you post screenshots of your script here that have the variables for the setup Set Variable nodes?

I am using randomly sir .. I am not entering specific CVP details in the script variables ... I just """"  for the media server value 

kavle_0-1670553656150.png

i made 3 calls , 2 times I heard the greeting and 3 rd call failed.

during fail scenario as you can see call hits script and when it reaches the node " run ext script " it doesnt process further.

and just FYI , i have not added that internal DN as a CTI route point yet ... do you think that is necessary at the moment

I must be missing something, it didn't look like you had all of the typical values for like media_server and whatnot set? This has a good guide as far as troubleshooting steps, but for instance if you hard code the script to send the calls to a certain CVP/VXML server, that might help narrow down where the issue is.

I'd also set up a CTI route point as well too.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-customer-voice-portal-901/116178-technote-cvp-00.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: