cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Scripting (Email/Fax)

Gabriel Hill
Level 1
Level 1

Is there is any native way within an ICM script to collect the callers input digits (I know this is possible), and take those digits and send a fax to it (this is where I cannot find much information)?

For example, say there were 3 options, and each option had a different form associated with it. The caller would get the form based upon their selection - and it would be faxed to the number they entered? What about an email? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can't do this from within a routing script, but can the email part can be done using a VXML application. There's even a native Email element in Call Studio that you could use.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can't do this from within a routing script, but can the email part can be done using a VXML application. There's even a native Email element in Call Studio that you could use.

Thank you, that answers my question and puts me on the right path.

Separate question, which now I am stuck on. I am very inexperienced with Call studio / CVP scripting.

I have a sample script that plays some menu's / goes through some options. I am wanting to do a digits with confirm, where the user enters 10 digits, and it repeats their DTMF entry. Is this possible without any third part software (nuance)? I have been playing with the options, and can never get the script to repeat the value entered. 

I'm going to defer you to the super smart folks over on the Developer forums

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/bd-p/j-disc-dev-contact-center

Call Studio does have a Digits_with_Confirm element that should be doing exactly what you're needing it to do - collect digits and play it back to the caller. Double check to make sure that your Max Digits is within the number of digits being entered by your caller - that usually trips things up. You can use the Say It Smart files that come with CVP to play back the digits... on your Voice Element properties, you can see where this can be selected in the Audio tab. I've attached a screen shot... you'll notice the Audio Path is blank... you can fill that in a couple different ways by providing an http path to the media servers (http://mediaserver/en-us/sys/...) or using a properties file.

If that doesnt help... I'd say go post in the Dev forums and they will definitely get you answer

Thank you, that is helpful. Kind of makes play it smart make sense - which got me closer

It is a strange problem from here. If I call the script, I can get it to play certain numbers, for example "1234567891", but depending on how I format the number, it may shoot the error message, for example "6068750591" fails. I thought maybe the "0" was messing with me, and tried another number without "0", but it still fails - but it can play individual numbers just fine - for example 1234123412.

Do you get an error in the application that is logged that you can share? Or it just doesn't play?

If you can provide a screenshot of your Call Studio node with the settings, that might help as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: