cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Scripting Limitation

George Michaell
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, I have specific requirement, to write an information in a call peripheral Variable but that info should not be displayed on the agent desktop and only written in the DB for reporting.

Any idea if that can be achieved??

Thanks, A

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

c'mon David, ECC's are not in RCD. What you probably meant was Termination_Call_Variable.

Abdullah, if you could use a persistent ECC variable, it would be written into the Termination_Call_Variable table (db write requirement check) but unless you configure the CTI OS Toolkit Desktop client to show that particular ECC Variable, it won't be visible in there.

Unfortunately, there's some more assembly required to join the Termination_Call_Detail and Termination_Call_Variable (using the RecoveryKey value).

G.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Look at the Finesse admin you can add/remove PVs from the display.

david

David, Unfortunately customer is using CTI toolkit, so have to find a work arround as we cannot use any persistent variable, so the only one i can think of is call peripheral variable..

so any other ideas..

What about an ECC variable which is not passed down the the desktop? It's not going to be on the TCD, but you'll find it in the RCD...

Ok, try this. Set the PVs, send the call to a dummy IVR application, when you get the call back in ICM, clear the PVs and send it to an agent. Should do the trick. If none of these work, then custom desktop is your only solution.

david

Hi,

c'mon David, ECC's are not in RCD. What you probably meant was Termination_Call_Variable.

Abdullah, if you could use a persistent ECC variable, it would be written into the Termination_Call_Variable table (db write requirement check) but unless you configure the CTI OS Toolkit Desktop client to show that particular ECC Variable, it won't be visible in there.

Unfortunately, there's some more assembly required to join the Termination_Call_Detail and Termination_Call_Variable (using the RecoveryKey value).

G.

You're right, thanks for catching my error.

david

I have managed it through the modification of registery values from the ctios server.

Thanks for the input guys.

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

There is a setting in registry for CTIOS where you can edit or remove the variable from appearing on your CTIOS desktop toolkit. i haven't tried that in my experience, perhaps you try thai in your lab first for proof of concept. but please be aware that it will affect all the agents who are using that CTI OS server for the login.

on the other end if you are using CVP or IP-IVR, you can develop an application which can write all your desired data to the database keeping your PVs untouched.

/

Chintan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: