Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM team bulk update

Yuriy Ivkin
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

Is there any way to change team for a big group of operators basing on list of logins ? ICM version 8.5.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yuriy,

Unfortunately, there are no bulk configuration tools for Agent Teams.

How many different teams are they being moved from?  Even for 100 users this sounds like something that would probably be  manageable with just the Agent Team List tool in Configuration Manager. If you want to make the process easier, you could run a SQL query to list all agents and the team they belong to, take that data into Excel to get the list down to the 100 agents you're concerned about, then sort it by Team.

SELECT Agent.EnterpriseName, Agent.PeripheralNumber, Person.FirstName, Person.LastName, Person.LoginName, Agent_Team.EnterpriseName AS Team

FROM Agent

LEFT JOIN Person

ON Agent.PersonID=Person.PersonID

LEFT JOIN Agent_Team_Member

ON Agent.SkillTargetID=Agent_Team_Member.SkillTargetID

LEFT JOIN Agent_Team

ON Agent_Team_Member.AgentTeamID=Agent_Team.AgentTeamID

ORDER BY PeripheralNumber

If  you don't want to spend the time in Agent Team List tool, the only  other thing I can recommend is to contact Cisco TAC, they may have  another solution for you... but you'll probably spend less time on the  problem by just using the Agent Team List tool.

-Jameson

-Jameson

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi Yuriy.

Try to move your post to "Collaboration Voice and Video" -->>Contact Center" those guys sholud have an answer for you .

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thank you, Carlo.

Yuriy,

How many users are you moving? You can do Windows-standard shift-select and ctrl-select within the Agent Team List tool's Members tab, and then click to Remove. Do the same in the Add window for the team you're moving them to.

Alternatively, you may be able to perform the change with a SQL query on the AWHDS database... but it wouldn't be a simple query due to all of the relationships involved, and certainly wouldn't be a Cisco supported change. I would always recommend using the built in tools in Configuration Manager before resorting to any direct changes to the database.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hello Jameson.

I have approximately 100 operators located in different teams which i have to move in one team. So  Windows-standard shift-select and ctrl-select method doesn't fit for me. Sql update would be perfect, but as you said it's not an officially supported design. Is there any official solutions to perform my task ?

Thanks for your answer.

Yuriy,

Unfortunately, there are no bulk configuration tools for Agent Teams.

How many different teams are they being moved from?  Even for 100 users this sounds like something that would probably be  manageable with just the Agent Team List tool in Configuration Manager. If you want to make the process easier, you could run a SQL query to list all agents and the team they belong to, take that data into Excel to get the list down to the 100 agents you're concerned about, then sort it by Team.

SELECT Agent.EnterpriseName, Agent.PeripheralNumber, Person.FirstName, Person.LastName, Person.LoginName, Agent_Team.EnterpriseName AS Team

FROM Agent

LEFT JOIN Person

ON Agent.PersonID=Person.PersonID

LEFT JOIN Agent_Team_Member

ON Agent.SkillTargetID=Agent_Team_Member.SkillTargetID

LEFT JOIN Agent_Team

ON Agent_Team_Member.AgentTeamID=Agent_Team.AgentTeamID

ORDER BY PeripheralNumber

If  you don't want to spend the time in Agent Team List tool, the only  other thing I can recommend is to contact Cisco TAC, they may have  another solution for you... but you'll probably spend less time on the  problem by just using the Agent Team List tool.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Jameson,

I didn't say it's impossible to do manually, but i really hate to do dumb job.

i'm too lazy for that. I always look for the easiest and the fastest way to perform my tasks. Because next time it could be not 100 but 1000 or more. I'm really disappointed that proprietary tool have such a poor functionality.

Anyway, thanks for your answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: