cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM UCCE Queue-ing Logic

rajan-sbc
Level 1
Level 1

In UCCE ICM scripting if we have say 2 skill groups and all agents have both the skills assigned - will calls in the shorter queue skill may get answered before calls waiting in the longer skill group? We have not tested yet. If one skill has low call volume and the other large call volume it appears that the callers for the shorter queue may get answered before the calls in longer queue. The configuration here all calls are same default prioity of 5 and all agents have both the skills. Please clarify and refer us to any documentation. Thanks.

13 Replies 13

If your queues are the same (e.g. staffed by the same agents), then calls will be answered in the order they were queued.  Also note that if you queue calls to the "shorter" queue first, then those calls will be answered first.

david

David - thank you. We have the need to queue to one of these skill groups and not both.

So if I understand you - if a call is queued to the longer queue with 100 calls waiting and

if a subsequent call is queued to the shorter queue with 5 calls waiting,

given that the agents have both these skills assigned and there is no call priority (all default to skill priority 5), 

the call which came later to the shorter queue could reach the agent earlier than the call waiting in the longer queue.

If this is not correct please clarify and if there is some document explaining this let us know. Thank you.

No, I'm not sure what you're saying is true.

Bottom line is if you have two queues staffed with the same people.  Calls will be answered by first come first served.

david

If you have a specific scenario, please provide more exact details such as Call 1 is queued at xx:xx to Skill A at priority X. Call 2 is queued at yy:yy to Skill B at priority X, etc...

But what David is describing is the default behavior.

If a call is queued to a skill group and there are agents available, the longest available agent will be offered the call.

If there are multiple calls queued for a skill group (or multiple skill groups for that matter) and an agent with those skill(s) subsequently becomes available, the system chooses which call to offer the agent first by queue priority with 1 high and 10 low. If there are multiple calls queued with the same priority, the call queued the longest is offered to the agent.

In other words, a priority 4 call will always be answered before a priority 5 call queued to the same skill(s) regardless of how long either has been waiting.

Hi all

have a question

In UCCE ICM scripting we also have  2 skill groups(SG_1 - in icm script_1, and SG_Vip in icm script_Vip)
and each agent is a member of both skill groups.

We always have a queue to SG_1 and we need that any call which will routed (or queued) for SG_Vip  will routed
to first available agent earlier than any call from queue to SG_1.

How can we do it ?

Not possible, if you queue a call to both skill groups it will be answered by the first available agent.  What you can do is queue each call individually and after 2 minutes queue to the other skill group.  That way your first skill gorup will get 2 minutes to answer the call, but after that it doesn't matter.  Obviously, you can change the 2 minutes to whatever you want.

david

I thought jessepbeatty answered Dmitry's problem - if you queue the call to SG_Vip at a higher priority (lower number) than SG_1, a call arriving in SG_Vip while all agents are unavailable will be answered earlier than any call queued in SG_1, no matter how long it's been there.

I must be missing the point.

Regards,

Geoff

You're right Geoff, after reading Dmitry's post it does sound like Jesse's post will solve for it.  The way I understood it originally was that they wanted VIP calls answered first by VIP agents, while queuing to both SGs.

david

Hi

thanks Geoff, thanks David!

A small addition.

Calls not queued on both SGs:

According to the production scheme, call  in skript_1 placed in a queue only to SG_1.

And call in script_vip queued only to SG_Vip.

But all agents are members of both groups: and  SG_1 and SG_Vip.

And we need that any call which will routed (or queued) for SG_Vip  will routed

to first available agent earlier than any call from queue to SG_1.

is it possible?

Yes, that is possible. Simply set the priority higher (lower number) for the calls queued to SG_Vip. This can be done from within the Queue to Skill Group node which is probably the best choice. Or you can use a Queue Priority node anywhere in the script after queueing if you want to raise the priority after a certain amount of time. Default is priority is 5. Set SG_Vip to 4 or lower and those calls will be answered before SG_1 calls regardless of time in queue.

Thanks Jessep!

May bee i'm wrong, but

from Script Editor Help:

"Optionally, select a Priority to set the initial queuing priority for calls processed through this node versus other

calls queued for the same target: 1 for top priority to 10 for least priority. (The default is 5.)"

Here we have 2 different independent targets(SG_1 and SG_Vip) in 2 different independent queues, and agents are member of both SGs...

Probably, I incorrectly understand, but, in my opinion, for my task it is the decision is inapplicable.

Develop, please, my doubts

The targets are your agents.

david

Hi David! Thanks for your reply

Too it seems to me it is logical, but in "Help" write differently for configuring Queue Node:

"Select a Target Type (Enterprise Skill Group, Scheduled Target or Skill Group)."

In our case it is chosen SG.

Now has still found one similar theme at a forum:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/266525

Something isn't becomes clearer.

Continuous contradictions

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: