cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Identifying step count

JacobMunson
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is a way to identify the number of steps that have been executed as part of a script? The idea is that if the system max step count is 1000 at the 995th step I would like to take an action to clear out the call before it's simply dropped by the system.  

4 Replies 4

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Why not just increase the step count?

System > System Parameters > Max Number of Executed Steps (the default is 1,000)

Mine is set to 16,000

I’ve seen a post on this way way back by @Anthony Holloway. Hopefully you can find it or he’ll see this and get back to you on this.

Response Signature

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks @Roger Kallberg for the mention, but unfortunately, I never found a way to retrieve the number of steps executed at runtime.

However, the OP @JacobMunson could likely still achieve what they're after by leveraging the Default Script feature.

I wrote about that here: https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/uccx-8-5-on-exception-goto-quot-catching-quot-exceeded-1000/m-p/2393308/highlight/true#M74040

Hello can you please make it clear how i can pass "context" from main script to Default Script using Get trigger info?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: