Helpful
Replies

Import Report Definition

jmercado08
Level 1
Level 1

Hello dear experts,

I hope everybody is well and OK today.

I need help please in importing a new report definition. I have an sql query made by our developer and I am now trying to import as a new report definition but I just couldn't figure what I am doing wrong or what's wrong with my code.

My first problem is: when I do the import using the xml file (by the way, I did two steps to get my xml file. 1; I SAVED my notepad query AS with .xml in its filename. 2; I saved my notepad query to MS WORD, then saved my WORD file AS xml file type). So, I have two different xml file with same code in it. Then I  tried using both files but cuic wont let me do this as I am getting the attached import  error.

Import Error.JPG

I tried my 2nd option which is to SAVE an existing report definition AS and edit the code there. I think I had the luck at first but looking at the report I created using the report definition, I can't seem to figure out how I get get the parameters for @startdate, @enddate, and @agentslist so I have my filter in the report. Can I just edit an existing report definition? If yes, how do I also replicate that parameters when running the report.

I will be so glad and thankful if someone can tell me what I did wrong or if there is a more correct way to do this? I think I am stuck and I have nobody else to ask around now.

By the way, I am also attaching the actual xml I was trying to import in cuic.

Thanks in advance to you alll

2 Replies 2

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

Have you validated that the XML is correctly formatted? There are different XML parsers that are able to validate, and point out errors.

mohdas
Level 1
Level 1

I have attached a sample CUIC report definition. You can try the same format.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: