cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound Agent misusing the system (Longest Available Agent)

Hi,

Some Inbound agents are pressing dial button in the headset when they are in ready state and releasing after 1 or 2 seconds. So that Agent state is changing to talking state for a few seconds and going back to a ready state. And ready state timer resets again whenever they do this. Hence system understands that an agent is busy and routes the inbound calls to other longest available agents in that skill group.

Is there any solution to avoid such behaviour by doing any changes in the system?

Thanks,

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S
5 Replies 5

There are ways, but I would recommend the most basic one: address the issue with the agent, and don't try to make technology account for their bad behavior.

Worst come to worse, you TEMPORARILY set up agent trace on the agent to prove/document their behavior and/or use whatever screen recording system you might have, and have them stop.

100% on this, this is a people problem not a technology problem. One simple way besides the agent details report is to look at average ready/talk time and average handled calls and you'll see who is misusing the system.

david

Hi David & Bill,

I agreed there is no Technology problem. I tool CDR logs and found per day his doing more than 30 to 40 times for (Off-Hook and ready for 1 to 2 sec). Is there any way to send new Incoming calls to these agents instead of Longest available agents.

CDR.PNG

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

I think what David and I are saying is don't try and design technology to route calls to these agents, instead have the management team address their behavior with them.

Even if you find a way to send calls to them like you want, the agents will then misbehave or game the system in other ways. Best is to address the agents directly.

Here's an option to try and get them calls no matter what. You need to be using precision queues for this to work. Identify the agents who are doing this. Set their PQs to least skilled. Give these agents a low proficiency on their attributes and a higher proficiency of "good" agents. This should get calls to them first always no matter how long they have been ready.

Now this is not a perfect solution, you need to deal with the people issues to get the right solution.

david