cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound calls routed to different gateway

Richard Dumag
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 call centers in different locations (Sacramento and Los Angeles).  Each location has its own 800 number, voice gateway and gatekeeper.  We are running version 8 of UCCE, CVP, and UCM.  After troubleshooting an issue with our call recording software (Knoahsoft), we discovered that some calls to the Los Angeles call center are being routed through the Sacramento voice gateway.  UCM CDR also shows the same result.

The calls are routed to the proper agents in Los Angeles but routed through the wrong gateway.  This is impacting call recording for Los Angeles as the switch SPAN is not seeing the RTP stream on the Los Angeles voice gateway.

Has anyone seen this behavior?  Could this be a voice gateway/gatekeeper configuration issue?

10 Replies 10

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Richard,

By any chance, you are using pre-routing in your UCCE ?

Pre-Routing

The Unified ICM software uses pre-routing to execute routing decisions before a call terminatesat a contact center. With pre-routing, the Network Interface Controller (NIC) receives the routerequest from the IXC and passes the call information to the Unified ICM software. The UnifiedICM software processes the route request through a call routing script, which defines how thecall should be routed. The Unified ICM software returns a route response to the NIC, which inturn forwards it to the IXC. The route response contains the call’s final destination.

GP.

Prerouting is explained on Page 17 of http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise8_5_2/installation/guide/icm852preinstall.pdf

Pls rate helpful posts !!

GP,

I am not sure.  A consultant setup our ICM when we upgraded from version 7 to 8.  How and where can I check?  Is it on the router/logger server or PGs?

Thanks for your response!

Richard

GP,

Not sure if looked in the right place but I do not see a NIC configured in the NIC Explorer in AW.  Does this mean we're not using Pre-Routing?  Thanks!

Richard

NIC runs on ICM router as one of the process. From the description it doesnt look like you have pre-routing enabled. Now, I would suspect the gateway/gatekeeper config.

Using Gatekeepers ( at both site ) do you have any load balancing mechanism in place ? such that if all the channels on site A gateway are in use, call for site A is overflown to site B gateway & vice versa ?

GP.

I checked configuration on the Los Angeles gateway and gatekeeper and did not see anything that references the Sacramento voice gateway or gatekeeper.  Could the load balancing mechanism scripted on a .TCL file?

Richard

Nope, I dont think so. Is the Service provider in LA & Sacramento, same ? I would quickly check with them if there was any misrouting from their side on given date ?

If the service provider also doesnt accept the issue then complete CUCM trace & gateway debug's needs to be enabled ( for such calls ) to pinpoint the issue, you might want to take TAC's help in it.

Your setup to me looks okay & should not be the cause of this. However we can be 100% sure of it only after investigating the traces & debugs.

GP.

GP,

That's my next step...to contact AT&T and ask how and what PRI circuits they are using to route calls to the LA call center.  Cisco TAC also provided me some debug commands and offload the results to syslog server in case we need trace.

Thank you again for your help!  I will keep you posted.

Hi,

Are you using a static route on CVP or is it send to originator? If it is a static route could you please check the static routes configured on CVP

Regards,

Dass

Dass,

I'm not sure if we are using static route on CVP.  How can I check on the CVP server?  Thanks!

Ops Console - Call Server - SIP - Advanced. Look on the right - DNIS patterns to send to originator.

If the vru transfer label (like 8111111111) is caught there with an entry like "81111>" then CVP looks in the header of the original SIP INVITE to see if it's coming from an IOS SIP User Agent and if so, sends the INVITE on 8111 etc directly to the IP address:5060 and does not look anywhere else - like in the static route table, the designated SIP Proxy, or either SIP Proxy referenced through SRV lookups (DNS or local).

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: