Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound IVR

sguadamuz1
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning.

I have a question, I am making a CCX design but I have a question regarding to the inbound IVR ports. I am using a 100 agents OVA image with a 50 agents premium licences and 5 premiun licenses for supervisors. I looked at some datasheets but is not clear for me.

For example.

50 premiun licenses give me 100 inbound IVR ports, that meas, if I have 50 concurrent agent calls, the rest of the 50 inbound IVR ports can handle 50 extra calls using am IVR?

Regards and thanks for your time and help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No.  Sorry.  In your example above, 70 ports assigned to an application does not mean you only have 30 ports available to agent resources.  Please review the Unified Communications SRND.  Agent phones do not register to the UCCX server.  IVR ports are not allocated based upon the installation OVA.  The OVA simply reserves resources available to the virtual machine configured on the hosting platform. 

It may help if you can visualize that the number of IVR ports is allocated to the UCCX server based upon licensing.  I think you get that.  If you have 50 agents licensed, then you will have 100 IVR ports available.  The IVR ports are dynamically available to applications configured on UCCX and the related CTI Answering ports created under your call control groups.  Theses Call Control Groups are assigned via the JTAPI triggers which launch your configured applications; in which your scripts are assigned.  When a caller dials a JTAPI trigger and launches an Application, the resources of that trigger, script, and answering call control group port are what consumes a licensed IVR port--while that application script is running.  When an application script delivers or hands the call off to an agent resource as configured in your script, the call application is no longer running in UCCX memory, nor consuming a licensed IVR port. 

Potentially, you could have up to 100 callers in UCCX connected to IVR applications, while 50 agents are actively speaking on the phones to customers. 

Are the phones and trunk lines a limitation you would need to consider here? 150 simultaneous connections.  Does your platform have enough capacity to handle this scenario?  Is this the concern you are trying to address?  Are your trunk lines over subscribed or under subscribed?  Is it even a concern?

If I'm wrong, someone from the community please comment and correct me... 

Sincerely,

Sean

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The IVR port license is released once an agent answers the call. You could have 100 calla receiving IVR treatment / waiting in an ACD queue *and* 50 agents logged in on an ACD call.

Good afternoon Jonathan.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Regarding on what you said, are these 50 agents logged in on an active ACD call? Because I understand that I will be able to manage 150 calls simultaneously? 50 calls managed by a physical agent and a queue  of 100 calls managed by a inbound IVR or into into a wait queue?

Regards and thanks for your help and time

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

No.  Once a call is delivered to an Agent Resource, the IVR port is freed-up and available to the application pool for use...

-Sean

Good afternoon Sean.

Yes i understand that, so the maximum quantity of calls that i can manage are 100 (because i am using a 100 agents OVA) regardless the quantity of physical agents  are logged in.

Example:

I have 70 calls using inbound IVR, that means that I will have 30 available ports for physical agents to take a call?

Regards and thanks for your help and time

No.  Sorry.  In your example above, 70 ports assigned to an application does not mean you only have 30 ports available to agent resources.  Please review the Unified Communications SRND.  Agent phones do not register to the UCCX server.  IVR ports are not allocated based upon the installation OVA.  The OVA simply reserves resources available to the virtual machine configured on the hosting platform. 

It may help if you can visualize that the number of IVR ports is allocated to the UCCX server based upon licensing.  I think you get that.  If you have 50 agents licensed, then you will have 100 IVR ports available.  The IVR ports are dynamically available to applications configured on UCCX and the related CTI Answering ports created under your call control groups.  Theses Call Control Groups are assigned via the JTAPI triggers which launch your configured applications; in which your scripts are assigned.  When a caller dials a JTAPI trigger and launches an Application, the resources of that trigger, script, and answering call control group port are what consumes a licensed IVR port--while that application script is running.  When an application script delivers or hands the call off to an agent resource as configured in your script, the call application is no longer running in UCCX memory, nor consuming a licensed IVR port. 

Potentially, you could have up to 100 callers in UCCX connected to IVR applications, while 50 agents are actively speaking on the phones to customers. 

Are the phones and trunk lines a limitation you would need to consider here? 150 simultaneous connections.  Does your platform have enough capacity to handle this scenario?  Is this the concern you are trying to address?  Are your trunk lines over subscribed or under subscribed?  Is it even a concern?

If I'm wrong, someone from the community please comment and correct me... 

Sincerely,

Sean