Helpful
Replies

Increasing Ring No Answer duration?

thanmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using CUCM 6.1 and UCCX 7.x

Currently the Agents' phones are going Not Ready if they do not pick up the phone by 3 rings (6sec cycle = 18 sec) based on http://nemesis.lonestar.org/reference/telecom/signaling/ringring.html

If i want to increase this duration only for specific agents, is this simply handeled by increasing the RingNoAnswerDuration on their specific lines, or is there another field i need to modify as well?

JM

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It's a two part thing.

Basically there is a call forward no answer timer on the lines in CUCM.

There is also a timeout property on the 'Connect' step in the UCCX script.

The timeout on the Connect step controls how long things ring for, but the CFNA timer must be set to higher than the Connect timeout if the agent has any CFNA set, or problems will occur.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

diwakar.d
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If i understand it right, it should be the Ring no Answer setting in Agent desk settings on the ICM enterprise. However i am not sure whether you have that option in UCCX.

Thanks,

In CCX you need to edit the Select Resource step and increase the Timeout parameter to something greater than 18.

However, you also need to make sure that in Communication Manager you go to each agents ACD line and change the Ring No Answer timer setting from what is probably blank (default, use the system setting) to a number about 2 seconds HIGHER than what you set in the Timeout parameter in CCX.

Otherwise, the Agent line will handle ALL contact center calls that go long as No Answer and hang up instead of them going back into queue.

Pamela White
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue and when I go into the script, Select Resource, the Timeout parameter is grayed out and I can't change it.

Change Connect (in the Select Resource Step) to YES and it will come back...or in the case of having a Single Connect Step (adjust your timeout within that step)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: