Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

increasing the CTI ports in call control group

Hello All,

Good day to you, so here is another simple question, i have 400 IVR ports licenses in my UCCX while i have 300 CTI ports configured in the call control group as you can see in attached image. I want to increase this number from 300 to 400 what will be the procedure?

can i just go to the call control and increase the number from 300 to 400 ?

also i have another uccx node in the cluster and there are 300 CTI ports with that as well, so as i understand by increasing the ports to 400 I'll have increased the ports with second server as well, so in total there will be 800 CTI ports , 400 with Master and 400 with Slave

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Masood

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
That sounds correct to me. If memory serves, when you expand the port group, you need to consider two things:

1) The system will remove all ports and re-add them back, so this is service impacting
2) The system will increment the phone number for each new port, so unless you want a disjointed DN range, make sure you have an extra 100 phone numbers at the end of each range, or pick a whole new range where you have 400 contiguous ports (per server, like you said, so 800 total).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
That sounds correct to me. If memory serves, when you expand the port group, you need to consider two things:

1) The system will remove all ports and re-add them back, so this is service impacting
2) The system will increment the phone number for each new port, so unless you want a disjointed DN range, make sure you have an extra 100 phone numbers at the end of each range, or pick a whole new range where you have 400 contiguous ports (per server, like you said, so 800 total).

That's what i needed to know, I have the whole 1000 DIDs free from that range, thanks for the help @anthony. I shall update here whatever the results once i made the change. Hopefully it will go well.

Regards,
Masood

You're welcome. If your ports are 1000 - 1299 for server 1 and 1300 - 1599 for server 2, then when you expand them, they will become 1000 - 1299 and 1600 - 1699 for server 1 and 1300 - 1599 and 1700 - 1799 for server 2. This isn't a problem, but in my opinion, looks ugly. I would just delete the second port group first, then expand the first, then recreate the second.

yes you are right, I had to delete the second group first and then create the first one, so all the ports are in order. It went smoothly as expected. Many Thanks for help Anthony Holloway

Regards,
Masood

You wrote DID for that range. If that’s what you really use I just want to point out that you don’t need to use DIDs for the numbers on the CTI ports in the call control group. I would recommend you to use any made up internal numbers for this. As long as the partition they are in is reached by the needed CSS you should be fine.

Response Signature

My bad, i was suppose to write DN not DID ... thanks for correction @roger

Regards,
Masood