cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Informing agent how call originated

mikebe
Level 1
Level 1

I have calls originating from several different WATS numbers that are routed to the same loop.

Calls from 800-xxx-aaaa are routed to a script that queues and redirects the call to the customer service loop via script aaaa.

Calls from 800-xxx-bbbb are routed to a different script that queues and redirects the call to the same customer service loop as above.

Our customer service staff need to know which calls originate from the bbbb number, but in either case what they see is the caller ID of the calling party. Changing the caller ID mask for the CTI route point associated with the script doesn't affect what the customer service representative sees.

How can I pass on the information, either by modifying Caller ID or some other method, so the agent can see how the call originated?

We are running UCCX 8.5.1 and CM 8.5.1.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

NickSinikoski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

couldn't you just sent a Call.PeripheralVariable based on the incoming DN, and then the agents should see that field on their CTIOS display

You havent mentioned which client your agents are using - i can only speak to CTIOS Agent Desktop

He said UCCX which only has CAD (or IPPA) in the 8.5 release. CTIOS is UCCE only.

duh.. i really should have noticed that. My bad :\

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unless you're using IPPA, it is assumed that the agent would look at CAD to get this information. The CSQ is shown in the bottom-right quadrant and/or Enterprise Data you chose to show in the bottom-left quadrant can convey this.

If that's not viable, you can split the Call Control Groups (CCG) ports into small groups and assign the Triggers to a discrete CCG. This would allow you to set the Alerting Name field on each CCG to reflect its use. The downside to this is that CCG ports are licensed in CCX Premium to twice the number of seats licensed and even if you're using CCX Standard/Enhanced, there are system capacity limits. So, if you had a single CCG of 100 then any/all of your Triggers/Applications could have a total of 100 calls in IVR treatment/ACD queue. If you divide that in two, then the Triggers assigned to a CCG cannot exceed 50 concurrent calls, even if the other group has capacity remaining.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: