Views
Helpful
Replies

Informix jdbc driver (ifxjdbc.jar) file version

alexgrinberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can you please let me know how to validate version of Informix jdbc driver (ifxjdbc.jar) in UCCX 10.5?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nothing needs to be installed on the UCCX for setting up ODBC connection. The drivers will only be installed on the server that is hosting the wallboard. Only in case of JDBC, the drivers need to be installed on the UCCX.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am assuming that you are trying to set up a connection to the UCCX database through Squirrel or Razor to have a look at the tables for which you need the version of informix JDBC driver for UCCX 10.5. If that is the case, please let me know and I will provide you with the jar file for version 10.5 UCCX.

If that is not the case and you are trying to set up a JDBC connection to the UCCX server using one of the below servers, then the list is below

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for your response. We are trying to make connection from the Verint server to UCCX database.

The UCCX version is 10.5.

Base on the information that I found in the UCCX Admin Guide the version of the  IBM Informix ODBC Driver IDS should be  3.0.0.13219 and above.

Is it correct?

Yes, the version of Informix drivers required for setting up ODBC connection is 3.0.0.13219 and above. Since, you mentioned JDBC initially in your description, therefore, I mentioned you about JDBC drivers.

I am attaching the informix drivers for version 3.0.0.13219 which is the most suited version to set up wallboard with UCCX. Fee free to use them

Regards

Deepak

Should I also upload the driver to UCCX or the driver preinstalled there?

Nothing needs to be installed on the UCCX for setting up ODBC connection. The drivers will only be installed on the server that is hosting the wallboard. Only in case of JDBC, the drivers need to be installed on the UCCX.

Regards

Deepak

Thank you, this was very helpful.

The odbc connection to uccx never worked for me after spending hours trying to get connections to work.  I have to use the .net dll and write code to connect to the database which works ok, or use razorSQL.

No way to create a power BI connection either.

Very frustrating.

Hi Deepak,

This is not my area of expertise,  we are not using a wall board , but want to set up a ODBC to UCCX 10.6.1  to run a sql query and send that report to another server (another program is gathering that intel and combining with other intel on the call center).

Can the IBM Informix driver  be installed on a Linux server or does it need to be A Windows server?

I gave my db admin person the doc I found on ODBC and connecting to a wall board, but we are  not doing a wall board ... wanted to see if there are other instructions out there if we are not using a wall board and just want to run a single sql query to get the daily data to then send the results to another server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: