Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Cisco QM 10.5 - Troubleshooting / Deploying

mm22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Need any possible help on installing Cisco QM with CUCM and UCCX setup.

Tried so far

SQL 2012 with Domain 2012R2

SQL 2014 standard without Domain 2012R2

in both scenarios, it get stuck somewhere or the other, of course after some steps

to start with i can provide logs went through enough of those PDFs documentation

but at the end i think i don't know what i'm doing, even when it's a simple setup

After this screen i get to nowhere, appears as if it's not letting me move forward

This is the end result i get no matter what all i did

As per the PDF's and all documentation/forums i've checked they all point to IIS Service and Windows Firewall, which are DISABLED for sure

And the windows Administrative tools > services  shows that (still have performed several service/server restarts as those guides suggest.

No Port 80 in use

]

What else it could be ? Logging tools or troubleshooting guides show us tools that aren't even on Cisco website.

we were recommended to buy this project as media sense is retiring, but cisco should have QM ready with FAQs, Actual Guides and Tools on CCO portal

Already, I have been told Cisco TAC won't support it as it's a new deployment (just like normal), but i guess there should be more about these errors, else we're just doing windows and SQL refresher.......

Anyone can help.

Thanks in advance

Mandeep
20 Replies 20

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Have you tried registering for an account over at https://success.calabrio.com and looking through their documents and forums?

Calabrio use their jetty service as a web server and it listens on ports 80, 443 and a few more. This conflicts with IIS. If you have IIS installed then uninstall it using Server Manager.

None of your error screen shots make it, can you repost them.

Which Windows Server are you using?

Graham

Thanks for replying Graham 

windows server 2012 R2 

Uccx 10.6

cucm 10.5.2

If needed, windows server 2008 R2 I’ve that ready 

Mandeep

Anthony,

we didnt know about that, I’ll do that today itself.

Mandeep

You did not post the screen shot of your error

Graham

Graham,

After windows server 2008 R2 and SQL 2012 standard, Default instance

cwfo_install_after sql.PNG

getting this error

cwfo_install_after sql_error.PNG

Actual status for the services

cwfo_install_after sql_error_services_status_actual.PNG

can't move forward after this..

Mandeep

Go to \Program Files\Cisco\WFO_QM\log and post the jetty.log. There may be a jetty.log.1 or a jetty.log.2 post the one with latest date.

This is not your current problem but you have installed all the Calabrio services so that won't work.

CTI Service and CUBE SIP CTI Service both want to listen for SIP invites on port 5060 but only one service can listen on a port.

These are the services you need for a single server install recording via Built in Bridge

Capture.PNG

Graham

On your first screen shot I don't see anything in the Password field for the System Database

What have you set for the Username and Password?

Graham

Graham,

currently I’ve got windows server 2008 R2

No domain

sql 2008 now installing (in previous attempts also I’d been using local admin password)

the user account sa

Mandeep

Finally server again setup

sip trunk full service 

no ad integration as I wanted 

sql 2008 express did the trick - btw

telephony group - couldn’t find subscribers (just like last time) could be axl problem 

added most of configuration 

voip devices - only few, last time all were found easily ( tried syncing, but not all devices )

i wish to get this to record calls and work smoothly.

Have no idea about logging tools etc.

isnt it possible to have some simple logging like dumplog utility etc for Cisco ICM etc. i’ll be confident with understanding this more. I’ve been Tarzan swinging ropes to get this to work  between forums, guides and blogs.

Mandeep

Thanks Graham,

few questions though,  i couldn't find following 3 services. it's 10.5...i also couldn't get jetty.log though but jetty.dbg was there [attached] had to rename it to txt

ACD Data Synchronization
File Observer Service
Retrieval Service

considering your screenshot, here i've made few changes...though can't see CUBE SIP CTI Service where you saw that in my case, small confusion. here's how it looks now.

service_status_graham_suggested.PNG

it's correct that i would like to achieve all calls using Built-in-Bridge.

after adding most of this configuration,

1- is there a checklist that we can follow to ensure all configs are in place

2- how can i step by step check/trace recording, to see where it's failing

Thanks for helping me out

Mandeep

Anyone, please point me into right direction. what else i should do to get this working/recording calls.

i'm afraid SQL etc took me nearly me a week to get this fat. :(

thanks in advance.

Mandeep

Anyone,
Correct me, if i'm wrong ?

Monitoring and Recording ACD Data Synchronization    ------- only comes into picture if domain based installation
Monitoring and Recording File Observer Service        ------- Operational Base Services - came with QM 11.X
Monitoring and Recording Retrieval Service          ------- Operational Base Services - came with QM 11.X

just want to be sure, before i could test a new setup

Mandeep

i've registered myself it says they'll take 2 business days.

Mandeep
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: