cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing EIM/WIM 4.3(2) with UCCE 7.5

richardbg
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to install EIM/WIM for a customer with an exisiting UCCE 7.5 installation. Would really like to installed EIM/WIM 4.3(2) as it has support for IE 8. But...

According to Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (Unified CCE) Software Compatibility Guide only version 4.3(1) is compatible with UCCE 7.5.

It seems that UCCE 8.0 is the only version that is compatible with 4.3(2).

Has anyone tried EIM/WIM 4.3(2) with UCCE 7.5?

Thanks,

Richard

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

This is simply a case of the Software Compatibility Matrix showing UCCE 8.x because that was all they had confirmed at the time to have passed all compatibility tests. The latest I have is Sept 28 and the SR2 for 4.3(1) was released on Sept 24th, so all they had absolutely verified was UCCE 8.x

I have the SR2 running in the lab system with 7.2(7), and it will surely be compatible with 7.5(9).

Ask Cisco for confirmation, but it won't be restricted to UCCE 8.x. They will update the Guide.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for your reply,

The software compatibilty guide I looked up was dated 13 October 2010, so less than a week old.

We did ask our contact at Cisco and their reply was to go with what the guide said. Although their implication was that it would probably work ok.

However given time and cost constraints for the project, unfortunately we might have to go with 4.3(1) and consider a upgrade later.

Cheers,

Richard

However given time and cost constraints for the project, unfortunately we might have to go with 4.3(1) and consider a upgrade later.

In that case, you can apply ES4 (going from memory, so I hope this is the right ES) to 4.3(1) as this supports agents using IE8. That was its main purpose because there was a little delay in bringing out SR2 and customers wanted the IE8 support. That said, SR2 has a host of bug fixes. SR2 will complain if someone on IE6 tries to use the Agent Desktop, while ES4 will not,

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: