cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interdigit timeout for GetDigitString step using ASR

dgoswick
Level 1
Level 1

We are using the GetDigitString to collect 16 digits (credit card number). This works fine with DTMF, but when trying to do this with ASR, it times out much too quickly. It will not tolerate a person's natural pause such as when someone might take a breath between numbers. Has anyone experienced this, or should we be using a different technique to collect the digits using ASR? We are using IPCC Express Enhanced version 3.1

3 Replies 3

lisa.hall
Level 2
Level 2

You might be running into a bug here. The bug-Id is: CSCef91600

bm1636
Level 1
Level 1

I am using IPCC Express and was give this solution that worked for me. Create a file called "user.resources" in the directory "C:\Program Files\wfavvid\Grammars\system". Using notepad add the following lines in that file and save it:

ep.EndSeconds=2.5

ep.WriteWaveforms=TRUE

After saving the file, using the AppAdmin page do Subsystems-->Nuance ASR-->click "Start Refresh Task Now". Once the refresh has completed you need to stop and start the engine. The only way I could determine when the "Start Refresh Task Now" task had completed was to watch the files in the "C:\Program Files\wfavvid\Grammars\system" directory. You will see a file that says the time it was last modified was the same time that you hit the "Start Refresh Task Now" button. Keep refreshing windows explorer watching the size of that file until it quits growing in size for about 5minutes. The reason for this is when you hit the "start refresh task now" button, it begin creating a file (forgot the name of it) in that directory and once it is finished being created (determined by the size of that file no longer increasing) the task has completed.

That worked for me. Keep in mind that in the line:

ep.EndSeconds=2.5

The 2.5 is a floting point parameter. So if you only wanted it to wait 2 seconds of dead silence to determine that the caller has finished speaking their account number, I believe you would use "2.0" instead of just "2".

A few times I have had to actually reboot the server in order for this change to take affect.

Hope that helps.

If you happen to be able to help me out with the issue below, please email me at Bryan.McCulloughSBC@dallascityhall.com

My Issue is that I am trying to use ASR on a simple recognition command to allow the caller to choose what language they wish to use. Example: "Please press or say 1 for English...then in Spanish...press or say 2 (dos) for Spanish". I can get the simple recognition to recognize either the English numbers or Spanish numbers by using the "Set Contact Info" to set a language, but I wouldn't now what laguage to set the script to use until they has either say the english number 1 or spanish number dos (2). I don't want them to say "two" if they want Spanish, I want them to be able to say "dos". So basically I can't figure out how to get the simple recognition command to recognize both the English numbers and Spanish number in the same simple recognition command.

Just want to say thank you for the solution. Cisco had given me the same solution a couple of days before your reply. I do appreciate it though! Maybe this will help someone else in the future.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: