Internal Agent to Agent Transfers

jc12
Level 1
Level 1

PCCE 10.5(1)

Finesse 10.5(1) ES10

CVP 10.5(1)

SIP > GW > ICM Script > Agent 1 

Agent 1 transfers to Agent 2 extension via the Finesse desktop.

Until recently we didn't have any agent transfer calls directly to other agents.  They always dialed an internal number hitting CTI RP to another ICM script where it was either answered right away or queued.

Recently there has been a need for direct dialing to another agent extension.  From the Finesse desktop hitting consult or direct transfer to the specified agent extension just gives an error saying "The call cannot be completed as dialed".

I would like to know what Finesse tries to do when the rep hits consult and dials a number?  What is the next step?  Is it looking for a pattern in the OAMP Console Dialed Number Pattern configuration?

If that is the case I have a catch all to CUCM so why can't the call complete?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

You may not want to allow agent to agent direct calling, as it can skew reporting, you'll lose call context, etc. You may want to develop a script to keep it in PCCE, but there are a couple different ways it can be done and folks on this board have offered suggestions on their best practices in the past. As far as the call not going through in your current set up, are you sure the UCM CSS/partitions allow it; I know you mentioned you had a catch all for it?

Thanks Bill I'll look into how others handled their direct transfers.

The call not going through was a CSS / Partition issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: