cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP IVR Subsystem in partial service

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

I am running IPCC Enterprise 6.0 with IP IVR 3.5.1 and CCM 4.0.2a. I am seeing the Application Subsystem is stucked in Partial Service and the JTAPI Subsystem is flapping between in_service and partial_service on one of the IVRs. Can someone please tell me what is causing this issue and point me to the right direction on where to start looking !

I have Stopped and Restared the engine but it would run for awhile and back in Partial_Service again. And there is no error reported in CCM.

Thanks !

Danny

4 Replies 4

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

JTAPI Subsystem is in PARTIAL_SERVICE

Symptom

The following exception displays in the trace file:

MIVR-SS_TEL-3-UNABLE_REGISTER_CTIPORT

Possible Cause

The JTAPI subsystem cannot initialize one or more CTI ports or route points.

Full Text of Error Message

1683: Mar 24 11:27:51.716 PST

%MIVR-SS_TEL-3-UNABLE_REGISTER_CTIPORT:

Unable to register CTI Port: CTI Port=4503,

Exception=com.cisco.jtapi.InvalidArgumentExceptionImpl:

Address 4503 is not in provider's domain.

1684: Mar 24 11:27:51.716 PST %MIVR-SS_TEL-7-EXCEPTION:

com.cisco.jtapi.InvalidArgumentExceptionImpl:

Address 4503 is not in provider's domain.

Recommended Action

The message in the trace tells you which CTI port or route point cannot be initialized. Verify that this device exists in the Cisco Unified CallManager configuration and also associates with the JTAPI user on the Cisco Unified CallManager.

Karzazi

Karzazi,

I have exactly the same issue here with IPCC 5.0.2, any ideas how to solve this?

best regards

dchumbley
Level 1
Level 1

Start by searching the MIVR logs on the IVR for Partial_Service. Most likely there is an IVR Port or Trigger that issue that is causing the system to go into Partial_Service. I have a case open with TAC for a customer who is seeing the same thing, so I am curious to know that your logs show.

bshank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The application manager goes into partial service to indicate an issue with a configured application or script.  In most cases, it's a separate issue from the JTAPI subsystem reporting partial service.  The best way to pinpoint the issue is to review the MIVR logs from the time of an Engine startup.  The APP_MGR logging seen at this time may tell you which application is having an issue.

Deadlocks in applications can also this, and will be reported in the MIVR logs at the time of the deadlock.  This could be caused by a step in a script becoming hung and timing out.

Often times, this is a cleanup issue where a script was deleted, and an Application is still configured to use the deleted script.  Make sure your applications are all pointing to valid .aef script files.  If there is a problem with a script so that the Engine cannot run it, (A goto step with an invalid label, Custom Java steps referencing missing .jar files), this can also result in the application manager showing partial service.

Thanks,

Brendan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: