cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPC Set Variable Action

jgraham
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like Cisco have added a new action to the IPC Receive events functionality under Remote Access. Based on the documentation, I should be able to send a UDP message to CAD and instruct it to change the value of a given variable. I can get the other UDP messages (MakeCall/Chat/Record/Notify) to work, but my same code seems to have no effect when I send the "Set Variable" message. Has anyone used this yet?

My test scenario is to deliver an ACD call to an agent. While that agent is on the call I run my test code (on the agents pc) which sends the UDP message to the local CAD. I then transfer the call to a second agent. I would have expected that by the time the call gets to the second agent the enterprise data that we're displaying in CAD would have been updated with the new value; however the data is unchanged.

I'd appreciate any insight.

Cheers,

PK

2 Replies 2

clarkjaso
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe this is obvious, but make sure under the { Cisco Desktop Admin -> workflow -> Enterprise Data }you allow the agent to edit the enterprise data. Its a checkbox.

Thank you for a quick response. We are allowing the agent to change Enterprise Data.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: