Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC 3.0(3a) Desktop Agent install error

perryvdb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does someone has an idea what going on when you get the error'Create Process Error:\\<serveripaddress>\DESKTOP_CFG\Common\Base\Setup' ???

I did everything what was written to share the requested drive, but it still not works..

Help....

Perry

8 Replies 8

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Are you following the instructions from the plug-in for Cisco Desktop Product Suite as follows?

Agent Desktop instructions:

Go to Start -> Run and type the following

\\\DESKTOP_CFG\desktop\InstallManager

then press ENTER. Follow the instructions to install the Desktop.

Also check if the IPAddress corresponding to is pointing to CallManager? If so, you need to change the same to point to CRS Server IPAddress. Send me a mail to get this done.

Regards

Yogi

Hi Yogi,

I use the CRS server IPaddress and I get the installation screen with the right settings for the desktop from the CRS Server. But after it start to copy the files, it come with this error. I think it has to do with sharingproblems. I'm sitting on a different subnet on a other domain with my desktop, and followed the instructions in the Sharing the DESKTOP_CFG Technote.

Has this maby something to do with the fact that I uninstalled the desktop before???

Regards,

Perry

Hi,

The uninstall order on the desktop machines is

1. Supervisor Desktop(if present)

2. Agent Desktop

3. Desktop Base(always last)

If the above order is not followed there is highly possibility to affect the next time installation. The existence of JRE on the system prior to install causes this issue. Here are the steps to manually remove agent desktop from the system.

The first thing that you need to do is verify that JRE/Java is there. If so, you have to remove it from the system completely via add/remove programs in the Control Panel.

Then follow these steps to remove the already installed Agent Desktop.

Remove the following directories:

C:\Program Files\Cisco

C:\Program Files\Spanlink

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Cisco

Remove with regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spanlink

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Deskt op Agent

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Deskt op Base

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Deskt op Supervisor

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{536A

8CD0-F07E-11D4-849F-001031A6A35}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3F2E

EAA1-1F49-11D4-8770-0105AA752A8}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3E2F

65E8-7773-11D4-8466-001031C0C0B}

Reboot the system and then attempt the Agent Desktop installation again.

Regards

Yogi

Hi Yogi,

I followed your instructions several times, to be sure that I did not make mistakes. But the installation still not succeed and comes back with the same error message. The only thing I did not do was deleting all the programs you can find under C:\Program Files\Cisco. This because of the other Cisco programs like IPMA and IP Softphone. This might be a problem that several other Cisco Programs are installed and use the JRE. Can you maybe confirm this??

Thanks a lot sofar

Hi,

IP Softphone will not cause any issues as I have both in my test-bed. Do you have Netware Client installed on the PC? If so try removing the same and start installing again.

The 'Create Process Error:' message usually means there is a permissions issue, access at the server. The error pops up when during install, the

user account used to access the share, doesn't have sufficient rights.

For installation, Can you try and map a drive to the share, as the ipcc-x server's administrator, and then run the setup?

Regards

Yogi

Hi Yogi,

Can you send me to get the change done to the CRS Server instead of the CCM Server. I get this message when I start with the CRS server address to install a Desktop. The Create Error appears with the CCM address.

Thanks in advance.

Perry

Hi Perry,

Do you have windows XP with Sp2 installed in the desktop CAD? Windows XP Service Pack 2 has not been tested for currently released versions of CAD and

is therefore not supported. SP2 is being included in the test plans for the next released version of the product.

Recommend down reving to XP base or possibly SP1.

Regards

Yogi

Hi Yogi,

No, I have Windows 2000 Pro SP4 installed. But you suggested somewere in you're previous mail that you have a workaround, or something like that to resolve the Create Process error who looked at the CallManager instead of the CRS server. So, if you have still a suggestion, please let me know.

Thx,

Perry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: