cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC 4.0.4 SR1 Step by Step How to connect to SQL on IPCC Server

jackmac123
Level 1
Level 1

Have a user that knows Crystal reports well. Is there a step by step guide on how to do the ODBC connectivity. This user has the Historic Client on his Windows XP SP2 and is trying to extract the Data from the IPCC server to create his own customized report from the extracted Call Center Data. I found a Doc about it but it says to create a Account on the IPCC server and the users worksation and make them the same. But where do I set this password up? In the Windows envirement or some where in the SQL?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

The account needs to be a local user on the IPCC and the client workstation. give it the same password on both.

Add the account to the administators group also on both.

I have done this and it works.

However, it is a OLE DB (ADO) connection according to the doc.

rlp

arindamchanda
Level 1
Level 1

If you are trying to pull out reports from the UCCX Database for things like Historical Reports, you need to create a user in the UCCX internal database.

Do check your UCCX System what database does it have. If it is MSDE, then this is what it should help because I made it work this way

I cannot say about MSSQL, but I am pretty sure it will be a piece of cake because the latter is much easier.

1. Go to UCCX Server > Run > CMD, type

>osql -L

You should find something like "HOSTNAME\CRSSQL"

2. Connect to MSDE using your Windows local admin account (the one which has admin rights in SQL)

>osql -E -S SERVERNAME\CRSSQL

3. This command lists the existing logins in SQL

>exec sp_helplogins

>go

4. Create a user account and grant access to db_cra database: (make sure the username and password are exactly the same as you provide in your 3rd party application (in your case Crystal Reports)

>use db_cra

>go

>exec sp_addlogin 'username','password'     --> type the same username and exact password as in the app

>go

>exec sp_grantdbaccess 'username'          --> this command grants access to the DB

>go

>exec sp_addrolemember 'db_wallboard_read','username'

>go
>exec sp_helprole
>go

You will get a list of roles to assign to a user. Be careful with assigning roles

Now, you will see something as "db_datareader", if you so need to just read the database and pull out reports.

Type the following:

>exec sp_addrolemember 'db_datareader','wfm'
>go

Now, If you would like to enable Mixed Mode Authentication

1. Stop the Node Manager

2. Open Regedit and navigate to:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\CRSSQL\MSSQLServer\

3. Change LoginMode from 1 to "2"

4. Start the Node Manager

Please rate helpful posts!

- Arindam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: