cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC 4.x Upgrade Issues

blcase
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone experienced problems with the upgrade from 3.5(3) to 4.0(2)? I'm trying to do one in a lab that keeps hanging during the restore process - it gets to about 8% then nothing for hours..anyone know what's happening here?

4 Replies 4

tapk5
Level 3
Level 3

You could check with backup/restore log to see where it stops.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Cisco\Logs.

Wei

The logs don't show anything - they show 8% complete - then the rest of the entries reflect me stopping the upgrade - the longest I let it sit for was about 3 hours - this is on a clean system with no custom prompts/scripts, just enough setup to get the engine in_service on everything.

Also, if I do a normal restore using BARS using the same backup file, that works fine. So, I KNOW the backup file is good.

Pls refer to the release notes for the unsupported configurations and important notes

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/relnotes/crs402rn.pdf

Well, my lab upgrade of 3.5(3) to 4.0(2) in the lab was successfully, but my production upgrade attempt bombed out at 41% on the restore.

Try using BARS 4.0(8).. the docs say 4.0(9) which does not appear to be available.

--Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: