cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express 4.0 License

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can IPCCX 3.5 license be used when installing/upgrading to 4.0(x)?

Chris

4 Replies 4

3.5 License will not work for installing 4.0.x.

I had to open a tac case with the licensing team. They converted the 3.5.X license to 4.0.X license and emailed the actual lic file.

- Purush

You need to get a new 4.0 license for the upgrade.

However you require the 3.x license also during the upgrade.

donniefowler
Level 1
Level 1

I had to send an email to licensing@cisco.com to have the license file upgraded to use with 4.0(x).

jdiegmueller
Level 5
Level 5

As others have stated, you will require a new license file in order to upgrade to IPCCX 4.0. However, my additional insight is this:

Unfortunately, the documentation indicates that you are emailed a PAK code when you go through the PUT process. This is not accurate. Nor will your media contain a PAK sticker on it like it typically does.

The only solution is to open up a case with Cisco (licensing@cisco.com), refer to your upgrade order number (included in the PAK-related emails from mp-upgrades@cisco.com) and send them an existing license which they will convert.

In all three 3.5->4.0(4) upgrades I've done, it's taken more than one try with licensing@ to get the new licenses "completely" right. But the licensing folks are pretty on the ball.

-jd

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: