Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express and HA Troubles

Hi,

my customer had an IPCC box (4.0.4) connected to a 4.1.3 CallManager. Yesterday we added a CM subscriber and another IPCC box. I installed SQL on both IPCC boxes, applied licenses for HA and everything else. HA is working fine (it is actually really neat), but the problem I am having is that when the CCM publusher is down, I cannot access the appadmin page on the IPCC box, nor can the agents log onto the IPCC. The admin page gives me "Unauthorized" message and CAD shows "Invalid Username or Password."

In the logs I see that at the same time the primary IPCC box is still trying to connect to the publisher's LDAP only, and doesn't even try to get to the subscriber (P-4-LDAP_CON_WARNING:Problem accessing LDAP: ldap url=ldap://192.168.4.10:8404/ou=clusters,ou=CCN%20Apps,%20o=cisco.com,Exception=javax.naming.CommunicationException: 192.168.4.10:8404 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect])

Both servers are configured in the LDAP settings and both the publisher and subcriber can be seen in their conf.ini file.

When I bring the publisher back up, everything is working peachy. Also, when the publisher is down, call routing and queues still work fine.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

Regards,

Dragi

3 Replies 3

tbramwe
Level 3
Level 3

Dragi:

We had the same issue with ICM 6.0. When the pub is down DCdirectory is unreachable, therefore IPCC cannot connect to the authoritative source.

Tom

it was actually my mistake. Although I added the subcriber to the LDAP configuration, I didn't do that under Tools-User Management-CallManager LDAP.

This was preventing it from authenticating.

Dragi

I am having a similar issue. I noticed you said you have both servers in the LDAP configuration. May I ask how you did that? I was able to but both pub and sub ip addresses seperated by a , (i think this is they way it should be done) in the Tools-User Management-CallManager LDAP location in you above post but I get an error when I try to do it in actual LDAP configuration. Is that the correct method to use there?

Also I have noticed even when my pub comes back up the jtapi subsustem is in partial service and now calls will not be answered until I restart the engine then it comes back up.