Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express Call redirecting

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Team,

I have a scenario.

I need to permit some users to call a particular number and put some authentication ( like PIN ), then they can call long distance numbers. As we have DISA in PBX.They will be calling to the office number, system asks the PIN, if it authenticates, then another prompt for the destination number, then routes the call

I am trying with IPCC 5.x express and CUCM 6.1.2.

please unicast

Ratheesh

6 Replies 6

iftikharsyed_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can use Forced authorization codes to achieve this.

1. You will have to define required Authorization code level for the pattern.

2. Define Forced Authorization Code and define code level.

3. Associate pattern with a partition

4. Include partition in Calling Search Space assigned to user Phone.

When the user dial that pattern number they will be asked to enter authorization code. upon entering right level of code they can dial call as normal.

HTH,

Regards,

Iftikhar Ahmed

Thanks Iftikhar for the info. But my requirement is not this. I am not dialing from my landline. Users will be using mobile to call to the office number (one common number) to call long distance. It requires authentication of PIN and then reroutes the call....

thanks

Hi

I think you probably looking at VXML on voice gateway router. When move users dialin, it plays IVR and ask for PIN. Then on service level you could force call routing to different destinations.

Hi Mikram,

I thought of that as well. Bcoz for vxml Mobile voice access we requires 5400 series...am i right???

But we have a small setup with 2811 and cucm 6. And also we have IPCC X also. So what I thought is if I can get somthing from this ....it would have been helpful

There is a built-in feature of UCM called Mobile Voice Access that is design for this exact purpose. I would recommend investigating this first.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Features and Services Guide, Release 6.1(1) : http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html

If you really want to do this with UCCX you have two ways to go about the authentication:

a) You could create numeric-only usernames in UCM and then use the User steps to authenticate them within the IVR.

b) You could create an XML document or SQL database that contains this information and have UCCX query for a matching PIN entry.

If the "authentication" passes, then prompt the user for the number they wish to dial and use a Call Redirect step to that number.

Thanks Iftikhar for the info. But my requirement is not this. I am not dialing from my landline. Users will be using mobile to call to the office number (one common number) to call long distance. It requires authentication of PIN and then reroutes the call....

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: