cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express: dialing extension while playing Menu Prompt

roberts
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for a way to all extensions to be dialed during a menu prompt "You may enter an extenion at any time, press 1 for this, press 2 for that"

Is there a way to accomplish this. Currently, the user is IPCC Express 3.5 Enhanced.

Thanks, in advance.

-r

8 Replies 8

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Yes. What you want to do is use the "Get Digit String" to play your "You may enter an extenion at any time, press 1 for this, press 2 for that" prompt. In the properties of "Get Digit String" set the "Input Length" to "4". If the input digits is "4" we know this is an extension and it follows the "Successful" path of the get digit string. See the attached script. If it follows the timeout branch, that means they entered less than 4 digits and we use the "switch" to see what option they pressed.

please rate posts.

andy - berbee

Thank you.

Using the Switch Step in the Timeout branch of the Get Digit Step did the trick.

Great post, thanks.

-robert

Hi,

Does that apply also to the following situation: I have 4 and 5 digits DNs, I configured input length = 6 with terminating key = #.

Now I have a new remote branch location that I have to add and they were using 3 digits DNs. I want the caller to dial "222", then play a prompt saying the number was changed to "12345" and xfer the call to the new 5 digits extension. Can I do that with the "switch" function ?

Look at the attached script and read the annotations. It will basically do what the other script I posted does, however, it will check to see if the digits entered "begins with 2" and if the "length is 3". If so you know they entered 200 - 299. If so, prefix 77 and send the call (just used 77 as an example of the digits to prefix).

please rate post if it helps.

Regards,

andy dignan - berbee

Andy,

I don't have the Java palette, I'm running IPCC express 3.1(3) standard. Is there another way ?

Thanks.

Sandy

Do the 3, 4, and 5 digits extension start out with a different number? If so, you can use a Menu prompt to do extension dialing. Basically my prompt says "If you know your extension you may dial it now"

So when the caller enters "222" within the Menu prompt it goes to the 2 branch and then I do a get digit(2 ditits with no terminating key) to collect the remaining 2 digits. Then I do a set Transfer = "2" + Transfer to get all 3 ditits.

Each menu branch can have its unigue get digit parameters based on the number of digits you have.

Once you get the 3,4,or5 digits then you can add an IF statement to play another prompt or transfer the call.

Within each menu branch

Great, it works fine, exactly what I needed.

Thank you very much.

I was able to make this work in UCCX 7 using the sample posted above for entering an extension that overlaps with menu options.  However...

Set the Max retries to 0 on the digit collect.

creeate an repeat counter and have that incrrement on unsuccessful or "default" for the switch

Increment the retry on each failure and when it hits your decided max, perform an action.

Also the "Switch" is not part of the java pallet.