cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express IP Phone agent service response is slow

nkariyawasam
Level 1
Level 1

I have IPCC Express ehhanced (3.5) with CCM 4.1. The IP Phone agent running as a service on 7940 is very slow for following actions

1. Request IP Phone agent service

2. to go to ready and not ready status

when compared with the IP phone agent desktop.

Definitely this kind of delay is unacceptable for normal call center operation. Is there any way to tune this service response times ?

( right now I have only the test setup where only the phone ad the servers are connected to the switch. No other user data going through network hence cannot be a network congestion issue.

4 Replies 4

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

To the best of my knowledge, it almost always caused by an incorrect DNS config. The delay is caused by a timeout in waiting for DNS to resolve hostnames and/or IP addresses. The issue can be that the DNS servers are slow, the DNS servers are offline, the IP address of the DNS servers were changed - just to name a few.

Agreed. I experienced this exact same problem. Once I configured Reverse Lookups Zones on DNS the problem went away. Are you using AD for LDAP?

Kevin

I am not using DNS here.

That's probably the issue. Use a DNS server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: