Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express-record call after waiting timeout end e-mail

I have IPCC Express 3.5.2. I have successfully created a script that enables recording a message when either a wait timeout occurs and then the user selects to leave a message. There is a maximum time limit on the recording. As long as the user stays online long enough during the recording fort he max timer to expire I can save the file and send out an e-,mail with this attached.

My question is how do detect hang-up then save the file and send the e-mail when a caller hangs up before the max time out has expired?

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to use the On Exception GoTo and Clear Exception steps.

An Example:

Start

...logic...

On Exception (contactInactiveException) GoTo RecordingException

Recording

--Successful

----Label: Recording Exception

----Clear Exception: RecordingException

----....email/otherlogic...

End

The On Exception Goto watches for the caller hanging up. If they do, it moves the script to the label instead of going to the end. You must have the Clear Exception step to then clear the exception and move on.

Excellent.

Looks like there are a few other exceptions that could be programatically addressed in a similar manner. It looks like there is an option that would be very useful "Save root cause (optional). I have made several variables using several "type" identifiers and yet nothing shows in the pop up. Do you know what "type" this should be declared as?

Other than that this worked really nice and was easy to implement.

Thanks Johnathan

did you ever find the 'type' of variable?

Henrik Larsen
Level 4
Level 4

I would use a prompt something like this in the recording step: "we are currently busy, please leave a message for us stating the nature of yoy problem. End by presssing hashmark"

Then you need to set # as termination on filter settings on recording step. This way customer ends the recording with # and you can continue in script