cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC historical reports

briley
Level 1
Level 1

I need to modify some of the default reports in the historical reporting software. I need to create a report which lists out how many calls the call center gets per 30 min. The Traffic Analysis repot does almost what I need but it does not show it in 30 min increments, only for the time frame the report was ran and the end user does not want to run 16 reports to get an 8 hour day. So I was going to see about modifying the report that was there or create my own using Crystal Reports. Has anyone tried to modify the default reports or create their own? I am having a problem connecting to the database from my PC so I do not even know if it can be done. Any help would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

pralex
Level 1
Level 1

Pls refer to the CRS Historical Reporting Administrator and Developer Guide..

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/administ/crs401hd.pdf

(Section:Creating Custom Historical Reports for

Cisco Customer Response Solutions)

sferland
Level 1
Level 1

I successfully managed to create a couple of reports using the following procedure including three reports showing calls repartition.

1- You need to create a Stored Procedure to perform your query

2- In the PC you'll use CR, create an ODBC pointing to your Historical Reporting Server.

3- In CR, choose New blank report

All the steps below are executed in CR;

4- In Data Explorer window, choose "More Data Sources", "Active Data", "Active Data (ADO)"

5- In Select Data Source window, choose "ODBC (ADO)" and select your ODBC previously created and click "OK"

6- A window named "SQL Server Login" will appear. Enter your username and password to login

7- In Data Explorer window, select your newly created "ADO" and click "Add"

8- In Select Recordset window, choose "SQL" radio button, type your query and click "OK"

Ex: exec sp_call_stat_time '02/01/2005 12:00:00 AM', '03/21/2005 12:00:00 AM', 'NULL'

This SQL query will call my SP (sp_call_stat_time) using the following parameters. For the moment, it doesn't matter to create a specific query with hardcoded dates since this query will only be used during design time.

9- In Data Explorer window, click "Close"

10- Now, a blank report will appear. You can now insert the database fields using "Field Explorer"

11- Create you report and save it without the data using the Cisco naming convention

12- Create the XML definition file and update the Catalog file.

13- That'it !

Send me an e-mail if you need more help.

Steven

Please help

I can't find the entry

"More Data Sources", "Active Data", "Active Data (ADO)"

you described (in CR XI)

Also if I open an existing report in CR and just save it with a new name I can't use it. Is there a way to modify an existing report?

Making a copy of a report and renaming it works with my new report definition file, so the problem is surely the report and not an other component

thanks

The procedure described has been tested with CR 8.5 not 11 (XI). I think version 11 is dramaticaly different than 8.5. So, I think you should try to get a hand of an 8.5 version.

I am using version 9.0 of CR and getting a TLV error when the Historical Reporting client tries to run my custom report. Do you think I need a copy of 8.5? Is there a way to save the report file as an older version from 9.0?

Thanks

Did you fix the problem? I have similar issue, the stored procedure and custom report run well from Crystal Report (ver 9.0), but doesn't run from Cisco Historical Reporting client, the error is:

Could not find the stored procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Wei