Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC / UCCX- HA - 7 - Desktop sync service crash on secondery server

Cisco Desktop Sync Service 

Is stopped on the Secondary server of IPCC, it didn't cause a problem for now. i guess it will if it faill over.

In the server / service list, it is started and automatic....

Any idea ?

Control Center

This service is invalid.
Cisco Desktop Sync ServiceThe service that ensures that the Directory Services database stays in sync with the ICD database, so that agent, supervisor, team, and skill group information is up to date
Last Failure TimeOctober 19, 2010 8:07:34 PM EDT
Last Failure ReasonCrashed
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Phillippe,

On the node where it is disabled, check the Serviceability Utility (Start > Programs > Cisco Unified CCX Administrator > Cisco Unified CCX Serviceability Utility).  From this utility, click the Process Activation tab and then select the Cisco Desktop Sync Service from the drop-down.  You can set it back to enabled from here, and a restart of the Node Manager will allow the service to come back up.  If there is an underlying problem still affecting the service, you may see it get disabled again.  In that case, it would be best to open a TAC case to troubleshoot in detail.  However, in most cases this quick step will correct the problem.

Services like the Desktop Sync Service will become disabled when the failure count is incremented to a certain threshold.  The Desktop Sync Service syncs the configuration between the CRS components (Things configured in AppAdmin) and the CAD components.  If there was a connectivity loss between processes at some point, or another service restarted unexpectedly, it can cause the desktop sync service to become disabled until it's manually re-enabled through the Serviceability Utility.

Thanks,

Brendan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

bshank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phillippe,

What exact version of UCCX 7.0 are you running?  For example, 7.0(1) SR5.

When you say it shows running and automatic, you are referring to the Windows Services window, rather the appadmin page, right?

Is there a Red X next to the service in the Control Center, or is it just stopped?

Thanks,

Brendan

7.0(1)SR05_Build504

When I see the service running ( it's from the windows interface, not the web interface )

From the web interface, yes I see a red X

Hi Phillippe,

On the node where it is disabled, check the Serviceability Utility (Start > Programs > Cisco Unified CCX Administrator > Cisco Unified CCX Serviceability Utility).  From this utility, click the Process Activation tab and then select the Cisco Desktop Sync Service from the drop-down.  You can set it back to enabled from here, and a restart of the Node Manager will allow the service to come back up.  If there is an underlying problem still affecting the service, you may see it get disabled again.  In that case, it would be best to open a TAC case to troubleshoot in detail.  However, in most cases this quick step will correct the problem.

Services like the Desktop Sync Service will become disabled when the failure count is incremented to a certain threshold.  The Desktop Sync Service syncs the configuration between the CRS components (Things configured in AppAdmin) and the CAD components.  If there was a connectivity loss between processes at some point, or another service restarted unexpectedly, it can cause the desktop sync service to become disabled until it's manually re-enabled through the Serviceability Utility.

Thanks,

Brendan

I'm pretty sure it's that !

I will try later ant inform you if everything is fine.

thanks

Hi Phillippe,

The communication problem between UC servers are most likely on the hosts file configuration. This is always the TAC engineer recommendations, add the hostname and ip address of the partner UCCX and the CUCM servers manually in the hosts file.

c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Regards,

Allan

I know I hurt other bugs with that, my config is allready fine in host & lmhost. ( CCM & IPCC IP are there )