cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCX 10.6 Agent update issue

j-lehmann
Level 4
Level 4
Since we upgrade a IPCCX system from 10.6 to 10.6 (1) SU2 and upgrade all agents it is a fairly common occurrence that the agent software says there is a newer version available and must be updated. The cust update the Systems again but after few days the agent have again update the software to a newer version.Have one the same problem and perhaps have a solution? Ever grateful for your support -Jörg
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is correct Jörg, you will need to run it for the secondary server as well.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jörg, the version of CAD in 10.6(1) SU2 is 10.6.1.2011. For the agents facing this issue, you can go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Desktop\bin and run the VersionInfo.exe and check if the version for agent.exe matches or not. If it does not, that means the CAD client has not been updated properly and you can then do one of the below things:

1) Run Client Configuration Tool once from any PC in the network and after this whenever agent gets the notification for update, they should click Yes and it will be good then

2) Uninstall CAD from the agents PC and reinstall it again using the new CAD exe that you can download from CCX Administration >> Plugins.

Regards

Deepak

Hello Deepak,

the cust do only step 2 very often because the system have the default language german but the same client have different language.

As you can see in the attach log.

At 2016-09-16 10:42:59:250 the system have the correct client version <10.6.1.2011>

Few hours later

at 15:26:13:343 have the system the old one <10.6.1.95>

I hope you have an other Idea?

regards

jeorg

10.6.1.95 is the version of CAD with UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39. If it is reverting to this after some time as you can see in the logs, then there seems to be an issue with the incorrect MSI files being uploaded on the server. Go ahead and run Client Configuration Tool once and this should push the correct MSI files for CAD/CSD/CDA to UCCX server and this should probably take care of the issue, if not then contact TAC.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

thank you for the info, I forward the info to my customer. If we have a HA System, I think we have run the tool twice, for each IPCCX, is that correct?

Best regards

Jörg

That is correct Jörg, you will need to run it for the secondary server as well.

Regards

Deepak