Helpful
Replies

IPIVR campaign and BAAcountNumber access

alexey-burov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have Outbound IVR campaign.

When Dialer makes a call it is transfered to CVP script. Reading the forum i found out that it is possible for CVP script to get BAAcountNumber variable. I need it to make Data Base lookup. The thing that i can't find out is how can i access this variable? Is it automatically become session variable or is there any element/method to get the value?

26 Replies 26

I don't know where it  comes from first.

This template is implemented by our customer.

So i'm just using it making changes for new tasks.

Do you work with bilalghayad? He posted a similar screen shot towards the end of the very long CVP Migration thread.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2070575?start=65&tstart=0

I explained why it was not the correct way to handle two CVP VXML servers in a post in

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2074303?tstart=30

What happens in your script if one of the CVP VXML servers is down?

Regards,

Geoff

I don't work with him.

In my case, as it seems to me, if one vxml server goes down then false branch of run ext script node  would be chosen. After that another ip address of vxml server is set and new vxml server call takes place.

Sorry, I did not look closely enough at the bottom of your script. Your analysis seems fair.

I do wonder what happens at the gateway when the first call to run the script on the first VXML server fails and the call server does an automatic retry with "-backup" appended. I'll have to test out your method, but I still like to use keywords and let the gateway resolve them.

Regards,

Geoff

Frankly speaking, I do not know the subject so perfect and can't tell what happens at the gateway.

There was no problem noticed with this pattern.  Although there have to be better template.

I need assistance with other task.  I'm stuck whith these BA variables and can't make a step forward.

concatenate("prompt_name=fast_alert/SPS/GSM_hello.wav;baaccount=",Call.BAAccountNumber,";var1=",Call.BABuddyName,";var2=TestCall")

Well, that looks OK. Is the array element long enough? Do you see inside the logging of the CVP VXML app that it creates 4 session variables

prompt_name

baaccount

var1

var2

and they all have data except for baaccount and var1?

It has been my experience that you can NEVER get BABuddyName through, but you can get BAAccountNumber through.

Regards,

Geoff

Here is my log. I see my variables are created.

10:34:41.971,,start,newcall,
10:34:41.971,,start,ani,NA
10:34:41.971,,start,areacode,NA
10:34:41.971,,start,exchange,NA
10:34:41.971,,start,dnis,NA
10:34:41.971,,start,uui,NA
10:34:41.971,,start,iidigits,NA
10:34:41.971,,start,parameter,var2=TestCall
10:34:41.971,,start,parameter,callid=E65B83B41000012E40D11CE40A3D2F3F
10:34:41.971,,start,parameter,prompt_name=fast_alert/SPS/GSM_hello.wav
10:34:41.971,,start,parameter,baaccount=
10:34:41.971,,start,parameter,var1=
10:34:41.971,CVP Subdialog Start_01,enter,
10:34:42.174,CVP Subdialog Start_01,exit,done
10:34:42.174,Play_Prompt1,enter,
10:34:42.178,Play_Prompt1,interaction,audio_group,initial_audio_group
10:34:42.174,Play_Prompt1,exit,done

Do you have a type10 network vru configured?  Can you confirm the size of the ECC variables you're using?

david

My ExtToVXML has 100 chars length.

What do you mean type10 network vru?

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Your Network VRU Explorer shows the type you have created for CVP.

Regards,

Geoff

I've made a test. We changed campaign type to Agent based. OutBound made  a call to Agent.

I've made the html action. Put ANI and BA variables to GET method of html form and printed them.

I've got correct ani and empty BA variables.

Network VRU Explorer has no configuration for CVP scripts we call.  We just point the name of  the deployed CVP script "application=test" and call node Run external Script "VXML" in ICM Script Editor. Did i  miss something?

Few questions more.

I've noticed that Dialer_detail table stores information for two days.

Is there any settings to make it store longer?

How can i schedule the campaign? For example, i need call for exact hours then make a pause and than call more hours.  My idea is to use query rule. something like this:  select .... where DatePart(hh,GetDate()) in (9,10,11,13,14,15).

Is this correct?

I'm sorry for confusing, of course there is type 10 at network vru explorer configured.

These settings are not under  my control so i dont' know it well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: