cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible for the same Skill Group to have team based routing?

santhivinnakota
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can someone help me if there is a way please.

Lets say I have the Skill group CC_Team.

I have 10 agents to be part o this skill group. 5 agents belong to Team A and 5 agents belong to Team B.

Is it possible, through "Queue to SKill group" node(Skill group name not changing at all), Team A takes calls from 8 to 6pm and Team B takes calls from 6pm to 8pm.

Meaning, Skill group is active for Team A from 8am to 6pm and the same skill group is active for Team B from 6pm to 8 pm. Possible?

Thanks a lot,

Santhi.

4 Replies 4

Not directly, but you could achieve this kind of call routing fairly easily. You would need two skills and associated CSQ's. Your script would like at the time of day to pick which CSQ it would use, and then do a select resource with the designated CSQ name.

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Santhi,

No, I don't believe this is possible as you described. You need to create two separate CSQs; for example, CC_Team1 and CC_Team2. Inside of these CSQs, you can assign the same skill level to both of them.

CSQ Name = CC_Team1

Skill Name = CC_SkillsXYZ

CSQ Name = CC_Team2

Skill Name = CC_SkillsXYZ

Next, using the 'Day of Week' and 'Time of Day' steps prior to the Selected Resource step... along with a Switch statement or IF statement... you would then assign the CSQ based on the results of the DOW and/or TOD steps. For example;

Day of Week

Weekdays

Time of Day

0800-1800

Set csqID = CC_Team1

Goto SelectedResourceStep

1800-0800 or simply, The Rest.

Set csqID = CC_Team2

Goto SelectedResourceStep

Weekends

... and so on.

Hopefully this helps.

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Hello Santhi,

whatever your are asking is probably not possible with Queue to Skill Group in ICM, but i guess can be done with priority queue.

My next question would be, why would you want do this?

Can not your agent logout their self when they are done with shift?

can not you configure skill group per team?

santhivinnakota
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Elliot,Mark, Chinton. Thank you.

Yes, I do have Queue to skillgroup, Queue to Ent skill group, and PQs as well to achieve routing in the required ways.

This is a specific customer question wanting to know if team based routing is possible for the same skill group. Apparently its not possible. Thank you for the replies.

Thanks,
Santhi.