cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible pass a uccx call externally to a company who will do DTMF credit card authorisation for us and then pass back to the agent?

We have been asked if we can pass a call from a caller into one of our IVRs and then when it comes to take credit card details, pass the call out to a external company without dropping the call) who will do the credit card payment, once completed for us then to have the call pass back to the agent. Im not sure that this is possible, could we confernce from UCCX 10.5.1 or 10.6?

Any suggestions or comments would be really helpful.

Mark

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Anthony,

This is a proposal we would love to work but cant see a way to hold the call while we pass it out to a 3rd party to complete a credit card transaction then have the call back to the agent that passed it initially. As far as I see it, as soon as the call is passed for out to the 3rd Party then we dont control it. I had thought about conferencing in the 3rd party just to retain the on UCCX but not sure if using Call Manger to acheive this is possible from UCCX or wether it would actually be PCI compliant (I suspect not!)

Please find my idea world flow attached.

Regards,

Mark

View solution in original post

With allpay a Non Geo Number points to allpay, they then make a second call into the CC.

For outbound calls the CC agent calls an allpay relay number, it has a short pause and then they dial the real number they want. So both inbound and outbound calls loop through allpay.

The Gamma one is more simple to use as Gamma automaticly do the Routing

Both work in the context that the agent never sees the CC number and there are no DTMF digits to record so you don't have to pause call recording.

You might be able to do something with CCX scripting getting the DTMF digits and doing the processing within the script. You would have to hold the agent in the work state and after the processing route back to their extension.

Graham

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I'm not quite clear on your flow. Can you write out the flow in more detail? Also, include any information that needs to be exchanged between you and the CC processor, if any.

We have couple of CCX customers who are using external service to intercept the CC number.

The call routes through the external service before it gets to CCX.

The customer enters their card number on the phone keypad. The external service detects the DTMF digits and replaces with a short beep.  The CC number is then pushed into the CRM system via a back channel https connection.

I have not been involved with the back channel into the CRM system only the calls.

Have a look at semafone and Gamma or allpay.

Graham

Hi Graham, this clarifies our thoughts that the call initally has to go throught to the CC company first. We are trying to have a way to avoid having any card data pass through our site yet still be able to pass a call back to people here after the card details have been entered. This looks like it isnt possible with the setup we have here.

With allpay a Non Geo Number points to allpay, they then make a second call into the CC.

For outbound calls the CC agent calls an allpay relay number, it has a short pause and then they dial the real number they want. So both inbound and outbound calls loop through allpay.

The Gamma one is more simple to use as Gamma automaticly do the Routing

Both work in the context that the agent never sees the CC number and there are no DTMF digits to record so you don't have to pause call recording.

You might be able to do something with CCX scripting getting the DTMF digits and doing the processing within the script. You would have to hold the agent in the work state and after the processing route back to their extension.

Graham

Hi Anthony,

This is a proposal we would love to work but cant see a way to hold the call while we pass it out to a 3rd party to complete a credit card transaction then have the call back to the agent that passed it initially. As far as I see it, as soon as the call is passed for out to the 3rd Party then we dont control it. I had thought about conferencing in the 3rd party just to retain the on UCCX but not sure if using Call Manger to acheive this is possible from UCCX or wether it would actually be PCI compliant (I suspect not!)

Please find my idea world flow attached.

Regards,

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: