cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is silent monitoring supported on Jabber Softphone?

amoskraus
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking at moving to Jabber softphone for our agents and supervisors.  I have one supervisor switched over attempting silent monitor her staff (on Cisco 8845s).  When she attempts to silent monitor she hears:"call cannot be completed as dialed" and Finesse displays "Unable to Silent Monitor at this time. Contact your system administrator." 

I have confirmed her phone is associated to our jtapi application user which has the Allow Call Monitoring, Recording, Control of All Device..., and CTI enabled. It also has Built in Bridge on.

Our environment is UCCX 11.6.2 HA, Jabber for Windows 12.5.0, CUCM 12.0.1

Thank you for your time.

Amos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
"It also has Built in Bridge on" <--- This only needs to be on the phone you are attempting to monitor.

You most likely forgot to set the Recording and Monitoring CSS on her DN.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_5_2/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1052/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_chapter_01001.html#CUCM_TK_C40C0478_00

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
"It also has Built in Bridge on" <--- This only needs to be on the phone you are attempting to monitor.

You most likely forgot to set the Recording and Monitoring CSS on her DN.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_5_2/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1052/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_chapter_01001.html#CUCM_TK_C40C0478_00

Thanks so much. I can't believe I missed that. Adding the Recording and Monitoring CSS resolved the issue. Go figure.

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Try adding those 2 roles also:

• Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf
  • Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode

Although they might not documented (didn't check) but from experience if you are lacking those, you will probably have a JTAPI issues with 88XX phones, and it might be your issue.

Also, I didn't see that you mentioned it, but did you check under the supervisor DN that the "Monitoring Calling Search Space" setting is set to a CSS in your CUCM that can "see" the agent phones that the supervisor is trying to monitor? If not, that's the main problem. (Edit: Oh, I see that Anthony already mentioned that)

Thanks for your response. I already had the "Control of Phone" settings, but missed the Monitoring Calling Search Space.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: