cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there CAC involved when Monitoring/Reporting is requested?

rogelioalvez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody:

I plan to deploy a Unified CCX (Rel 5.0)on a central site, and some Agents on a remote branch (across a WAN).

According to UCCX's SRND (Solution Reference Network Design, Section 2-8),

"... the monitoring and recording packet streams are true G.7xx streams tagged like any other RTP stream to ensure... priority and minimal latency..."

Then my question is: ¿Is there any kind of Call Admission Control procedure started in UCCX before asking a session to be monitored/supervised?

My point is: since Agents are across a WAN, and I already have a gatekeeper-centered CAC strategy in place, I fear that these monitoring/supervision sessions could be generating extra RTP streams not being authorized through the control architecture implemented by my gatekeeper...

Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

1 Reply 1

rogelioalvez
Level 1
Level 1

Never mind guys :o)

The "tagging" mentioned in the paragraph I believe has nothing to do with the ToS field in the IP header. I believe it has to do with RTP-related information (timestamps and related info).

I continued searching through the SRND, and at the very end it mentions that packets captured by CAD are stripped off of their ToS information.

Thanks a lot anyway!

regards, Rogelio