cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue Upgrading UCCX 8.5 SU4 to 10.6.1 - No valid Upgrade Options found

David Graham
Level 1
Level 1

Last week I upgraded my test lab environment from UCCX 8.5 SU2 to 8.5 SU4. This past weekend I did the same for my Production environment. Everything is running well.

Now I want to start the upgrade from 8.5 SU4 to 10.6.1. I have the DVD UCSInstall_UCCX_10_6_1_UCOS_10.6.1.10000-39.sgn.iso which I downloaded from Cisco. I am trying to use this to perform the upgrade but am getting the error "No valid Upgrade Options found" at the top of the screen and then at the bottom of the screen I get "Name does not match any filter pattern"

I have copied the DVD ISO to the VMWare server and mounted the DVD on the UCCX system. This is the exact same step I did when upgrading to SU4. When I try to perform the upgrade through the GUI I get the above message and under the Option Names it shows UCSInstall_UCCX_10_6_1_UCOS_10.6.1.10000-39.sgn.iso

I then installed a SFTP server and tried to perform the upgrade that way. I copied the contents of the DVD to the root of the SFTP folder. When I now try to perform the upgrade under Option Names it shows the files and folders that are on the root of the DVD and gives me the "Name does not match any filter pattern" for each of those.

Obviously, it appears that I am missing something so that it does not recognize the upgrade. But, I have no idea what I am missing. Below is the Show Version Active. Am I missing a COP file?

admin:show version active
Active Master Version: 8.5.1.11004-25
Active Version Installed Software Options:
ciscouccx.851SU2COPtwo.cop
ciscocm.ucmap_platformconfig.cop
admin:

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are indeed missing the COP file which is required for this upgrade to start with. The cop file required is ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn. Follow the steps below and do it using CLI and not OS Administration:

# Create a new folder on desktop name it as UCCX and copy the UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file and ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn file into this folder

# Launch the “Free FTPD Tool”

# Click on Users -> Add -> Enter any login name for example Admin -> Click on Authorization drop down and select “Password stores as SHA1 hash” -> enter any password for example cisco -> Confirm the password -> Click on home directory box and select the UCCX folder from the desktop ( in which UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file and ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn files are stored ) -> uncheck FTP and Check SFTP and click on apply.

# On Free FTPD Settings window click on SFTP -> Click on “Listen Address” and enter the IP Address of your PC -> Port = 22 -> Max. no. of connections = 0 ,  Idle timeout = 0 ->  SFTP root directory and select the UCCX folder created on desktop ( in which UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file and ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn files are stored ). -> Click on Apply & Save -> Click on Start -> Server status should be running.

# Go to Command line interface of the UCCX primary server.

# Run the following command
utils system upgrade initiate

# Enter following information –

Please select an option: 1 ( Remote File system ) Directory:\
Server: IP Address of PC
User Name: User name created on Free FTPD for example Admin
Password: Created on Free FTPD for example cisco
Protocol: 1 ( for SFTP )

# Choose the ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn and install the same:

# Once the refresh upgrade cop file had been installed on the primary server, please proceed with installing it on the secondary server as well in case of HA. Please perform the complete cluster reboot using the “utils system restart” command after applying the refresh upgrade cop file, first the primary UCCX and once it comes up, proceed with the restart of secondary UCCX server

# After the refresh upgrade cop file had been installed on both the servers, please proceed with installing the upgrade file on both the servers. Same procedure that you followed to install refresh upgrade cop file, first on primary UCCX server once that is done, then proceed doing the same on secondary UCCX server

Please note, by default refresh upgrade cop file will go in Active partition whereas the 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file will go in inactive partition

## Run the below commands to capture the active and inactive partition details of the system:
show version active
show version inactive

# Please proceed with the switch version using the below command, first on primary and once the server comes up successfully, proceed with doing the same on secondary server utils system switch-version

Once the server had been upgraded successfully, please run the Client Configuration Tool once from any PC in the network where UCCX server resides so that whenever the agent or supervisors will launch their software for the first time post upgrade, they will be prompted to download and install the latest version of CAD or CSD.

Note: Please perform all the above mentioned steps during a maintenance window as this is a Refresh Upgrade and hence server will be rebooted multiple times during the upgrade process. Also, it is highly recommended that you perform all the above steps using the UCCX server CLI only and not through the OS Administration.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are indeed missing the COP file which is required for this upgrade to start with. The cop file required is ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn. Follow the steps below and do it using CLI and not OS Administration:

# Create a new folder on desktop name it as UCCX and copy the UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file and ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn file into this folder

# Launch the “Free FTPD Tool”

# Click on Users -> Add -> Enter any login name for example Admin -> Click on Authorization drop down and select “Password stores as SHA1 hash” -> enter any password for example cisco -> Confirm the password -> Click on home directory box and select the UCCX folder from the desktop ( in which UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file and ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn files are stored ) -> uncheck FTP and Check SFTP and click on apply.

# On Free FTPD Settings window click on SFTP -> Click on “Listen Address” and enter the IP Address of your PC -> Port = 22 -> Max. no. of connections = 0 ,  Idle timeout = 0 ->  SFTP root directory and select the UCCX folder created on desktop ( in which UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file and ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn files are stored ). -> Click on Apply & Save -> Click on Start -> Server status should be running.

# Go to Command line interface of the UCCX primary server.

# Run the following command
utils system upgrade initiate

# Enter following information –

Please select an option: 1 ( Remote File system ) Directory:\
Server: IP Address of PC
User Name: User name created on Free FTPD for example Admin
Password: Created on Free FTPD for example cisco
Protocol: 1 ( for SFTP )

# Choose the ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn and install the same:

# Once the refresh upgrade cop file had been installed on the primary server, please proceed with installing it on the secondary server as well in case of HA. Please perform the complete cluster reboot using the “utils system restart” command after applying the refresh upgrade cop file, first the primary UCCX and once it comes up, proceed with the restart of secondary UCCX server

# After the refresh upgrade cop file had been installed on both the servers, please proceed with installing the upgrade file on both the servers. Same procedure that you followed to install refresh upgrade cop file, first on primary UCCX server once that is done, then proceed doing the same on secondary UCCX server

Please note, by default refresh upgrade cop file will go in Active partition whereas the 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file will go in inactive partition

## Run the below commands to capture the active and inactive partition details of the system:
show version active
show version inactive

# Please proceed with the switch version using the below command, first on primary and once the server comes up successfully, proceed with doing the same on secondary server utils system switch-version

Once the server had been upgraded successfully, please run the Client Configuration Tool once from any PC in the network where UCCX server resides so that whenever the agent or supervisors will launch their software for the first time post upgrade, they will be prompted to download and install the latest version of CAD or CSD.

Note: Please perform all the above mentioned steps during a maintenance window as this is a Refresh Upgrade and hence server will be rebooted multiple times during the upgrade process. Also, it is highly recommended that you perform all the above steps using the UCCX server CLI only and not through the OS Administration.

Regards

Deepak

Thank you so much. That was the answer. I just passed that a couple times. The upgrades in my test area are now going.

Cheers

David Graham

Glad that it is working for you now. In case you need any further help feel free to ask.

Regards

Deepak

i am running in to the same issue but a little bit different. I installed the COP file on both the pub and HA server. Both the servers were rebooted. Now i can see the 10.6.1 SU1 ISO when i try to initiate the upgrade in the uccx publisher. But around the same time, when i try to initiate the upgrade on the HA server , i cannot see the 10.6.1SU1 ISO. i get the "No valid Upgrade Options found"

here is the o/p of show version on both servers

You do one server at a time. First wait for the upgrade file to get install on the primary server once that is done only then proceed with installing it on the secondary server.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks for the quick response Deepak. i will try shortly and post the results.

Thanks again.

Senthil

Sure no issues Senthil. Feel free to inform in case you face any issues with that

Regards

Deepak

You are correct Deepak. Publisher needs to be upgraded first , once completed. i can successful run the upgrade on the subscriber. Looks like Cisco has built in a pre-check in the scripts to avoid potential build of subscriber first to prevent Database corruption/ inconsistencies.

That is correct Senthil, there is a check that happens when you initiate the upgrade on secondary server to match it against the primary UCCX active and inactive version both.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks. I still ended up with database corruption after the 10.6.1 SU1 switch version due to open process copied to 10.6.1 SU1 partition during the switch version. Ended up with a P1 TAC case 

For those who are interested.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut51304
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCue38031

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut51198

Got to work on weekend with some brilliant mind. Learned a lot during that TAC incident.