cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Gadget Update in Finesse 10.0(1) on UCCX

Absaar Javed
Level 4
Level 4

I have a gadget which has it's files hosted on IIS. On the first time when i placed the gadget in finesse desktop it worked fine.

After that I made some changes in the gadget, and restrated IIS, logged out of finesse and then logged into finesse, but the changes were not reflected in the finesse desktop. It took almost 1 hour when finally changes were reflected. I made some other changes in the gadget, they again took 1 more hour to reflect.

To check the issue I turned IIS of, I could still see the gadget, where there is no actual access to the gadget. I am stuck with this and unable to hunt down the issue. kindly someone guide please to hunt down and resolve this problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

golmsted
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Absaar,

Finesse Server caches the contents of Gadgets. In order for your changes to take effect you have to restart “Cisco Finesse Tomcat”. The reason it eventually worked is that there is a cache expiry that would eventually re-cache the latest version of the Gadget. I understand that during Development this can be quite tedious, so there is a method to work around it. That is to use a “nocache” Query Parameter on the URL to load Finesse. So, use:

https://finesse-server:8445/desktop?nocache

This tells Finesse not to cache the Gadget. Note, that doing this you must continue doing this until you are satisfied. In order to put that Gadget really into play, you must then restart “Cisco Finesse Tomcat”.

This is called out in the “Gadget Caching” section of the Finesse Developer’s Guide:

Hope this helps…

g.

Gary Olmsted

Technical Leader & Finesse Architect

CBABU - Contact Center Software Development

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

golmsted
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Absaar,

Finesse Server caches the contents of Gadgets. In order for your changes to take effect you have to restart “Cisco Finesse Tomcat”. The reason it eventually worked is that there is a cache expiry that would eventually re-cache the latest version of the Gadget. I understand that during Development this can be quite tedious, so there is a method to work around it. That is to use a “nocache” Query Parameter on the URL to load Finesse. So, use:

https://finesse-server:8445/desktop?nocache

This tells Finesse not to cache the Gadget. Note, that doing this you must continue doing this until you are satisfied. In order to put that Gadget really into play, you must then restart “Cisco Finesse Tomcat”.

This is called out in the “Gadget Caching” section of the Finesse Developer’s Guide:

Hope this helps…

g.

Gary Olmsted

Technical Leader & Finesse Architect

CBABU - Contact Center Software Development

thank you very much gary' problem solved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: