Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with DOC Repository in CCX 9.0.2

Samuel Womack
Level 5
Level 5

Non-reactive Debugging of Script doesn't work

Anyone having issues with XML Documents loading in 9.0.2?  Attached is a Holiday Script that worked in 8.5.1SU3..saved properly in CCX 9.0.2 and don't work now..I'll attach to see if someone can Confirm...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I tried this in my lab.

While doing a debug through step over step i noticed and found that the value for variable dateList goes to null and hence the debug gives an error.

Here is the screenshot:

I did further research and found that this is due to the bug and i should associate this to an application before i can further troubleshoot this.

Defect link: http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCue59553

CSCue59553 Bug Details
UCCX: Unable to non-Reactively debug script with Doc step

Symptom:
When using the non-Reactive debugger to step through a Document step, such as "Create XML Document", it fails to execute showing the following error message:
"Source Document variable "start" has null value"

Conditions:
8.5(1) SU3 and 9.0(2).

Workaround:
Use Reactive Debugging instead

I associated the script to the app and the script went smoothly and is working perfectly.

I also tested by changing todays date in the XML doc to varify if the script goes "true" and it did.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chuck

Please rate helpful posts and identify correct answers.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

can you please tell us more about "don't work now".

Is there an error message? Did you find anything suspicious while troubleshooting?

Thanks.

G.

I guess that isn't the greatest description...I suppose I was just hoping someone would load the script into 9.x and see what was going on.  It seems as if the Path to the Documents have Changed between 8.x and 9.x?  When debugging the script the doc value changes to null hence the XML can't be loaded into runtime memory.  This is relatively simple script with ~4 lines of code

Well, we kind of expect more details. And every little piece of information is helpful.

For instance, I don't have time to start up my lab system and analyze a script. But if you could post a screenshot of it, it might be more helpful than the script itself.

What I am missing: you never told use where you uploaded that XML file. I don't mean no offense but this is kind of important, don't you think?

G.

Uploaded DOC at Applications>Document Management>en_US>

Hi,

can you try uplodaing the XML document to the folder named default?

Also, are you really, really sure that the system default language is US English? Check the system parameters page.

G.

I don't see Default Language under System Parameters..but I did put the DOC in the en folder and the Value of the Doc returns null after set step..in fact I put the xml in all the folders...I can load Document via URL paths BTW, but just not XML Document(s) in the Repo.

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I tried this in my lab.

While doing a debug through step over step i noticed and found that the value for variable dateList goes to null and hence the debug gives an error.

Here is the screenshot:

I did further research and found that this is due to the bug and i should associate this to an application before i can further troubleshoot this.

Defect link: http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCue59553

CSCue59553 Bug Details
UCCX: Unable to non-Reactively debug script with Doc step

Symptom:
When using the non-Reactive debugger to step through a Document step, such as "Create XML Document", it fails to execute showing the following error message:
"Source Document variable "start" has null value"

Conditions:
8.5(1) SU3 and 9.0(2).

Workaround:
Use Reactive Debugging instead

I associated the script to the app and the script went smoothly and is working perfectly.

I also tested by changing todays date in the XML doc to varify if the script goes "true" and it did.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chuck

Thanks Chakshu; I would hope this defect gets fixed in the next update?

Hi,

Yes, this defect will be fixed in CCX 10 as per the bug ID

Regards,
Chuck

Nice work Chakshu!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thank you !!

You saved me hours of troubleshooting.

5 stars

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to add information to the discussion on which versions are  affected: I just downloaded your document and script, and tried it on my  8.5(1)SU2 system and it worked just fine.  Looks like I'll be watching  this defect closely as my primary method of coding is to use Active  Debugging for validation.  Rarely do I use Reactive Debugging.  Thanks  for starting this discussion.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: