cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ivr Auto Transfer to cucm user

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Greetings all.I want to achieve the following objective using uccx or cuc or any other cisco application.I have already  deployed call back script which prompts the user to drop his phone number. If an agent becomes available ,the call will be placed to the number the user left automatically. Using this analogy,I will like  to deploy something like this;

Scenario:

A user dials the company's line 2000 for instance. A prompt asks the user to enter the extension number of the staff and the call will be auto transfer to the extension number  the user entered.

I know of cuc which asks the user: "whom do u like to reach" the user calls the name of the person and the call will be transfered to that person.The challenge I had with it when I tested it in my lab was that the prompt found it difficult to pick the caller's speech. The caller had to say it different times before the prompt was able to pick it.I don't know if its because of the dialect.

If the prompt can allow the user enter the name or extension number,it will be awesome .

I dont know the best way I can achieve the above objective.

Collins

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your response. I had already used the AA script template is the uccx to build it before reading message.I dont why I didnt get email notification.
The challenge I am having is dialbyname which is the option 2.I am using jabber client and I know that digit 2 maps to ABC.
If the name is ABC,how do I dial it using the key 2.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if using a CUC Directory Handler, simply uncheck the “Voice Enabled” checkbox and it will revert to the traditional dial-by-extension.

You can build this on CCX as well with Get Digit String and Call Redirect steps but it will be more work since you need to handle/code for all possible scenarios (eg no input, invalid input, transfer failures, etc.)

Thanks for your response. I had already used the AA script template is the uccx to build it before reading message.I dont why I didnt get email notification.
The challenge I am having is dialbyname which is the option 2.I am using jabber client and I know that digit 2 maps to ABC.
If the name is ABC,how do I dial it using the key 2.

Hi

If are open to 3rd party application for CUCM then your below requirement can be fulfilled by a custom developed application for CUCM

"A user dials the company's line 2000 for instance. A prompt asks the user to enter the extension number of the staff and the call will be auto transfer to the extension number  the user entered"

For more details please write to info@parsec-tech.com

www.parsec-tech.com

Hi PTS,

thank you for the offer. I have made use of uccx Auto Attendant script to get it working.

I appreciate Jonathan for his contribution.

If you have other 3rd party options like integrating what's app to uccx,let me know.

Thanks

Hi Collin,

Can you please send a one liner mail to info@parsec-tech.com

You will be reverted with complete details.

Attached is a short write-up on Parsec's Cisco related applications & application integration services