cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IVR-Handoff by Paul Tindall

aedamasceno
Level 1
Level 1

Could anybody share the script that makes this solution work?

In the documentation provided by Paul, the ICM script is ineligible. We see only a picture of it which doesn't say completely how we need to make the variable. If anybody wants to try this, this is the place to go to: https://cisco.box.com/IVR-Handoff

I appreciate any help.

20 Replies 20

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

The ICM steps that aren't completely visible there are described in the pdf included at that link. Between that and what's visible in the screenshot everything appears covered. What issue are you having specifically?

Hi Edward, thanks for posting.

I am not being able to extract the number from that command

Call.SIPHeader
=
concatenate("IVR-Handoff~mod~", Call.PeripheralVariable8,";invoke=true")

When we use that command, we receive only ";invoke=true" in the debugs. I am wondering if I am missing anything, but I don't think I am. ICM Scripting is not my expertise.

What I tried, just to see if I could make it work was to add a ":" after the IVR-Handoff. Still, no luck.

I have this setup at my home lab and at work, but neither places work. We advanced a lot, but we still haven't seen this work as it should. I will post the script as soon as I get access to it.

Thanks

Did you follow step 3 and 4 in the guide? You should be setting PeripheralVariable8 to the "IVR-Handoff" portion of the SIP header of the inbound call.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson, thank you for your time.

Yes, I've read the steps 3 and 4. I am sorry but I couldn't understand your last part. I do understand what you said, don't get me wrong, what I didn't understand is maybe a language you guys amongst yourselves that handle with ICM. ICM is not my expertise, could you please be so kind as to elaborate?

I did exactly like it is shown below (that's what's in the documentation)

Call.SIPHeader
=
concatenate("IVR-Handoff~mod~", Call.PeripheralVariable8,";invoke=true").

But the output is not being shown as expected, which would be: IVR-Handoff: 487594396;invoke=true; we only see IVR-Handoff: ;invoke=true; or after a few tweaks, we see: IVR-Handoff: 487594396 and the correct is the first one shown. I am sending a picture of the script.

What does your initial inbound script look like? The one that delivers to the agent in the first place? The first part of step 4 in the guide says that you need to do a Set Variable like the following before ever delivering to the Agent who will be initiating the IVR-Handoff later:

Call.PeripheralVariable8
=
before("|",after("IVR-Handoff:",Call.SIPHeader))

The above is taking the "IVR-Handoff" portion of the SIP Header (which CVP will pass into your ICM script due to what you set up in step 3), and putting it into PeripheralVariable8 for later use on your second script (the script that you gave a screenshot of).

If you have already done that, then the most likely step you have missed is to Deploy your configuration changes in CVP OAMP. Step 3 does not make it clear that this is necessary. Also, make sure you have applied Step 3 to all of the CVP Call Servers in your environment.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

Just to let you know that we got it working. It was something about "Internal" and "External" scripts that were incorrectly set up.

I appreciate your help.

Does anyone have the latest TCL Scripts? ... I've been trying to get it at the URL but it says that no longer exist.

Thanks for the updated files ... also, I've been trying to make it run with CVP & VVB v11.6.1; while I've was debugging at the gateway I was not seen the SIP Header IVR-Handoff to be modified. Looking at the CVP logs I noted the next:

[OUTBOUND]: INVITE TO <sip:777777777761@172.20.1.15;transport=tcp> FROM 1005 <sip:1005@172.20.1.13:5060> EXPIRES[60] 100REL[Unsupported] 
[OUTBOUND]Trying to set headers in INVITE with these operations: IVR-Handoff~mod~:4880000000023;invoke=true

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

Start by taking the colon out in the ICM script node.  Use this -- 

IVR-Handoff~mod~4880000000023;invoke=true

Hi Paul,

Thanks; actually is set as you say: 

Captura de Pantalla 2019-11-05 a la(s) 20.16.47.png

The log fragment I attached previously I get it from: C:/Cisco/CVP/logs/CVP.2019-11-05.00.log

The IP 172.20.1.15 is the VBB and CVP is 172.20.1.13.

Show me the script node that's extracting the handoff ID into CV10.

Here is it

Captura de Pantalla 2019-11-06 a la(s) 10.39.58.png

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, Vlad

Should be after("IVR-Handoff:", Call.SIPHeader) with the colon.  Currently you're extracting the colon into CV10 on the front of the handoff ID.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: