Views
Helpful
Replies

IVR Script UCCX: Press a number to move to jump the queue

shiblyibrahim
Level 3
Level 3

Hey Guys,

Hope someone may have an answer to this as I can't seem to find it or know how to.

So I have a requirement that has been posed to me, if a user is in the queue say, 6th in the queue, and he might be the CEO of the company, he can press 2 on the keypad, which will put him in the top of the queue.

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance

Please rate the post Shibly Ibrahim
6 Replies 6

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You can add a Menu step that you can set a selection to Set Priority = 1 and the GoTo the Select Resource step. This would of course be open to all who knows, but you can always set the greeting to be just the same Music on Hold that you would already use. This would make it hidden. Caller should then be requeued as higher priority

Yes. Adding hidden menus inside the queue is one way to accomplish this task. When the VIP caller selects 1 or whatever, you would assign them a higher priority level. The default priority level is 1. Therefore, you need to change the priority level for the VIP caller(s). The downside is... non-VIP callers might stumble across this hidden menu by accident or word of month and now you have dozens of VIP callers. Not to mention, this would increase the queue times for everyone else so I wouldn't repeat position in queue or estimated wait times to the queued callers.

What type of license do you have (i.e. Standard, Enhanced or Premium)?

You can...

1. Create a string variable called vipNumber within your script. Enter the VIP's telephone number as the string value, for example; "5551234567". This number should be based on your dial plan. Optional) Click on the Parameter checkbox to modify this value through the Application via UCCX Administration webpage. Next, insert an IF Statement to compare the calling number with the vipNumber. If they match, assign or increase decrease the priority level to 1. If they don't match, assign or decrease increase the priority level to a value less more than 1.

You can always create multiple vipNumber variables and compare them to the calling number within the same IF Statement. If there's only a handful of VIPs, then I would highly recommend this solution. NOTE: The Set Priority step is not available with UCCX Standard licensing.

2. Query (get) XML Documents you uploaded to the UCCX document repository. This type of solution provides scalability without needing to modify your script(s) when they add or remove VIPs. Simply upload a new document. The only downside is... this type of solution is not ideal for high volume call centers IF you excessively write/upload documents through the script. 

3. External database queries but this requires UCCX Premium licensing and this would be more difficult to setup. This type of solution is more suitable if you have hundreds or more users.

There's a few options I did not mention but I think, the options listed above should be commonly deployed by most call centers.

v/r,

Mark 

Good catch, Sean. I reworded my response above.

Hello,

You can add a second trigger for this script, use a get call contact info Step to get the number dialed, validate the number dialled and if this is the number dialled by the CEO, you have to assign a priority to this contact with the Set Priority Step.

Thank you all. Apologies, I didn't come back to the forum in a while. Let me try all of your solutions. Thank you so much.

Please rate the post Shibly Ibrahim
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: