Views
Helpful
Replies

IVR Temporary hand off with multiple gateway [PCCE]

ms.borikarn.th
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Now we have configure temporary hand off for authentication customer on IVR.I'm following temporary IVR handoff version 2.1 guide .It is works on single ingress and VXML gateway in my lab.But customer side there are multiple ingress and VXML gateway .The Inbound call randomly incoming to ingress gateway.please help me to find solution to configuration that feature.

Thanks for your help

3 Replies 3

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The TCL app service param ivrhandoff-dnis-prefix should be configured such that each ingress gateway and VoiceXML gateway uses a different prefix.  This ensures the dynamically generated IVR handoff shunt call numbers will always reach the correct devices.  Of course, it also means that your gateways need dial-peers to route the prefixed numbers correctly when the backward and forward shunt calls are made.

If you have 2 ingress gateways and 2 VoiceXML gateways then you should be using 4 different prefixes, one for each device.  Assuming you have call handling configured so that incoming calls can land on either ingress gateway and VRU legs can land on either VoiceXML gateway, both the ingress gateways will need dial-peers to route to both VoiceXML gateways and both VoiceXML gateways will need dial-peers to route to both ingress gateways.

Is that posible to configure IVR Temporary handoff by using only one gateway as Ingress & VXML? ... I've been trying to do it at a limited resource lab.

Can you please tell me Which IOS has you used? Which GW model? ... If it's possible, can you share your config?

Regards, Vlad

Attached doc shows how the shunt calls and prefixes work in different gateway combinations.   In slide 1 you can also condense everything onto a single physical gateway.  If you do that you can either use the prefix approach as shown or use just a single one for both shunt leg directions.   For troubleshooting it's actually a bit easier if you use separate prefixes.   IOS version shouldn't be critical here and it will work on ISR G2's, 4xxx's and vCUBE.