cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber audio recording with NICE (VPI) recording system

adam04
Level 1
Level 1

I need the community help on this trouble please. We have a UCCX version 11.6 and a NICE recording system called VPI. 

We can easily record hard phone audio. But we can not record jabber audio. Can anybody help ?

I have checked all over the places, tried all suggestions but still.

I set the profile on built in bridge, check the firewall but still no luck .

Did anybody get lucky on recording jabber audio? or is this a Cisco Bug?

Thank you all in advance.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day.

my email: adamtra224@gmail.com

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Modern versions of Jabber definitely support BIB recording. While MRA now supports BIB recording as well, in a very recent release, I’m assuming that you’re trying to make this work on the internal network first to make troubleshooting easier.

Jabber has the exact same config as a physical phone when it comes to BIB recording: enable the BIB, set a recording profile, set the recording mode, and associate the device to the recording vendor’s Application User account to allow CTI observation.

If you have performed these steps and it isn’t working the troubleshooting is also the same as a physical phone. The first place I typically look, assuming the DN is set to Automatic Recording, is to see if CUCM sends a SIP INVITE to the recording server and whether the recording server accepts that offer. If an invite isn’t sent then the recording vendor is not at fault. If they reject it on the other hand, then it’s clearly a config problem on their end.