Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Support for UCCX

Trad Tobaishat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

On UCCX Compatibility matrix its always showing Jabber 9.6 is the supported version. I dont see this updated even on the latest 10.6. Anybody know about UCCX and Jabber support roadmap? Why UCCX is not aligned with Jabber latest versions support ?

regards,

Trad

2 Replies 2

Hi Trad Tobaishat,

everytime I talked about Jabber for Windows I also need to talk about CIPC

CIPC 8.6(1) is validated by Cisco up to version 9.0(1) of CUCM. CUCM versions 10.0 and 10.5 are not, in other words, it's the beginning of CIPC's end ... although, for me, CICP's end will only happen when Jabber incorporate all CIPC's feature set ... I think it will take some time.

Check the link: CSR Summary Matrix.

The newest Jabber release is 10.6(1), Cisco is still building out the core CIPC feature set into Jabber, but this will not happen in Jabber 11.0 ... one of the major gaps for me, is the absence of multiline.

The UCCX 10.6 Compatibility Matrix page was updated on Feb, 27 - 2015 and the Jabber 10.6(1) was released on Mar, 04 - 2015. Although Jabber 10.6(0) was released on Jan, 27 - 2015, the UCCX 10.6 Compatibility Matrix page has not been updated to the newest Jabber 10.x version.

Check the link: UCCX 10.6 Compatibility Matrix.

In my opinion, as soon as Jabber incorporates all the CIPC features, it will be fully aligned with the Collaboration applications (CUCM, UCCX, ...).

Hope this helps.

In UCCX Ver. 11 there are limited support for Jabber 11.

I'm agree, we still mis the multiline in Jabber

UCCX 11.0 Compatibility Matrix

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: