cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jitapi issue with uccx after cucm upgrade to 9.1.2

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

I have uccx 8.5 , I have upgraded my cucm from 9.1.1 to 9.1.2 and I did a certificate regen on cucm for tomcat and ipsec.pem , but afterward I started getting this message " the cisco jitapi client version are inconsistent , please go to cisco jitapi resync in the unified cm telephony subsystem to install the cisco jitapi client" , please how do I resolve the issue ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unified CM Telephony Cisco JTAPI Resync
Choose Subsystems > Cisco Unified CM Telephony > Cisco JTAPI Resync from the Cisco Unified CCX Administration menu bar to resynchronize the JTAPI client version on the Unified CCX with the JTAPI version on the Unified CM. You can view the status of Cisco JTAPI client resynchronization in this web page.

If the Unified CCX detects a mismatch, the system downloads and installs the compatible or JTAPI client required installer version. Restart the Unified CCX Engine to view these configuration changes.

The JTAPI client update happens only on the local node and not on the second node in case of High Availability deployment. You will need to login to the second server and repeat this process there.

Source: Admin Guide

All UCCX Support Documentation
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/tsd-products-support-series-home.html

There are other products which need a JTAPI update after a CUCM upgrade as well: CER, InformaCast, QM, just to name a few.

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unified CM Telephony Cisco JTAPI Resync
Choose Subsystems > Cisco Unified CM Telephony > Cisco JTAPI Resync from the Cisco Unified CCX Administration menu bar to resynchronize the JTAPI client version on the Unified CCX with the JTAPI version on the Unified CM. You can view the status of Cisco JTAPI client resynchronization in this web page.

If the Unified CCX detects a mismatch, the system downloads and installs the compatible or JTAPI client required installer version. Restart the Unified CCX Engine to view these configuration changes.

The JTAPI client update happens only on the local node and not on the second node in case of High Availability deployment. You will need to login to the second server and repeat this process there.

Source: Admin Guide

All UCCX Support Documentation
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/tsd-products-support-series-home.html

There are other products which need a JTAPI update after a CUCM upgrade as well: CER, InformaCast, QM, just to name a few.

Thank you so much for the info , but is there like somekind of updated jitapi software i need to get from the uccx and put it on users pc?

Hi Basel,

the UCCX, get the JTAPI from Cisco call manager and the JTAPI resync will do the work.

I am not sure why do you need the JTAPI for the end users machine. if at all for any other purpose, you can download jtapi from Cisco call manager.

Download the 32/64 bitJTAPI client from the Unified Communications Manager Administrative interface plugins
page (Application > Plugins). Save the client on the CTI application server where JTAPI is used.

detailed installation process you can find in the following URL:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/jtapi_dev/11_0_1/CUCM_BK_J2445637_00_jtapi-developers-guide_1101/Cisco_Unified___JTAPI_Installation.pdf

Regards,
Shalid

No, not on the users PC, this is strictly server to server, and UCCX downloads and updates it's JTAPI client software from CUCM when you click the link mentioned above.

im just curious why what are those jitapi 32-64 bit client I can download from the cucm for then?

Just for other types of integrations. For example, check Appendix E of the Cisco Unified Attendant Console Standard Installation Guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unified-attendant-consoles/products-maintenance-guides-list.html

Hello Anthony!
I have a smiliar case.i have cucm 12.5 and uccx 12.0.i tried to resync the jtapi but it displayed an error. According to google,the jtapi plugin in cucm 12.5 is in .zip instead of .bin.
how do i install it for uccx 12.0?

I have not had much experience with UCCX 12.0 and CUCM 12.5 (the combo), as I am usually installing only long life releases. What was the error message?

EDIT: I see two defects mentioning CUCM 12.5 JTAPI and UCCX 12.0

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/search?kw=jtapi%20cucm%2012.5&pf=prdNm&pfVal=270569179&rls=12.0&sb=anfr

Take a look and see if one is a match.

Hi Anthony,

Thanka for your quikc response.The document didnt not contain much details.it says i should download and install the jtapi client and run the updater.

I have downloaded it but unable to run any updater.

I dont know what else to do. The installer comes is bat file and not .exe file.

I don't know what you're reading, but that sounds wrong. You are infact talking about UCCX 12.0 correct? If so, the only thing you need to is what's described in the solution above in this post. There is no file for you to download, extract, run, etc.

Hello Anthony,
i understand what you are saying .The above solution is to go to uccx admin page and click on jtapi resync.right? That has failed.Uccx cant install the jtapi plugin from cucm 12.5 because it is .zip file.

Edit

Check the below.link (that is the error am facing )

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/probleme-with-jtapi-version-just-after-installation/m-p/1218752#M28440HiHello

Something is not right here. That thread is talking about a very old version of UCCX which runs on Windows server.
You should ignore that. Can you post a screenshot of your error?

Hello Anthony,

thank for that. see screenshots belowjtapi error 1jtapi error 1Jtapi client failsJtapi client fails

Ok, I see it. Yeah, it seems like there are known issues with CUCM 12.5 JTAPI and how it's changed in this version. I'm wondering if you've found a slightly different, undocumented issue, or if your issue is a part of the same scenario, just not documented well enough to correlate.

I would be curious about a few things:

1. Can you turn on debugging in Admin Traces (MADM) and see what it's saying?
2. Can you make sure UCCX can trust the CUCM Tomcat cert in its Tomcat trust?
3. Can you try from the CLI: utils uccx jtapi_client update
4. Can you reboot the UCCX?
5. Can you rebuild the UCCX?
6. Can you open a TAC case?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: