cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Launching windows app via Finesse

Kristopher Tan
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to launch a windows application via Finesse? I'm looking to run a DOS command line on the agent's computer when a call comes in to start up another application and pass it a few of the enterprise parameters.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ivan.gemmet
Level 4
Level 4

You can do that with a java applet, have a look at the ThickClientScreenPopSample Gadget under Finesse sample gadgets for an example.

Or you could write a small application that receives web requests and opens then the command window. But for that you would need to install this application on the client. Directly over Finesse (javascript) you don't have the possibility to interact with the operation system.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ivan.gemmet
Level 4
Level 4

You can do that with a java applet, have a look at the ThickClientScreenPopSample Gadget under Finesse sample gadgets for an example.

Or you could write a small application that receives web requests and opens then the command window. But for that you would need to install this application on the client. Directly over Finesse (javascript) you don't have the possibility to interact with the operation system.

Hi,

Will this do the same thing as how CAD was doing the launch external application?

Thanks!

-JT-

Hi,

I am not too familiar with the CAD launching external application, but I think it will be similar enough.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: