Views
Helpful
Replies

Leave A Message Option While In Queue

Adan Zuniga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need to create a script that will give users the option to press 1 while they are in queue  so that they could be transfered to leave a VM. Where I am having a problem is that we use the call hold and unhold steps  to play the music on hold from the Call Manager.

Previously I've set something to do what i am trying to do with the below steps.

We have three menus all of them allow users to press 1 to be routed to VM.

Menu 1 and 2 play two separate prompts, which now I Know I can Concatinate in one same menu.   

Menu 3 Plays 20 Seconds of music On Hold.

rsz_3untitled.bmp           

We are a Hospital and Our Music on Hold changes Every Month. The above set up becomes very inconvenient as the prompt for the actual MOH would have to be changed every month. Instead With the Call Hold And Unhold Steps I know We can get the most uptodate music since it is always updated on the CM. During the time when the caller is in the CALL HOLD step, is there a way that they can press 1 and still be routed to VM? Any Help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Actually you can achieve this with slightly changing the queue logic, such as:

Play Prompt (Initial Prompt)

Call Hold

Delay 30

QLoop:

Call Unhold

Play Prompt (In Queue Prompt)

Call Hold

Delay 30 (**see note below**)

Goto QLoop

Replace the Delay step within the queue loop with a Get Digit String step.  To simulate the delay configure the get digit string step to play a prompt of the same duration as the delay you need, such as a silence prompt.  The caller will never hear the prompt since they are on hold but it will allow them to barge in rather than wait for a static delay.  From what I recall Barge In should be set to Yes, Initial Timeout to 0, Maximum Retries to 0, and Input Length to 1.  CM will be streaming MoH outbound to the caller but inbound from the caller is still connected to the UCCX CTI Port so get digit string can collect digits even during hold.  Barge In enabled plus Input Length of 1 should hit the success branch of the get digit string as soon as the caller enters a digit.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am afraid, there's no easy way of doing that. The script does not expect any user input due to the simple fact that it is instructed to wait, doing nothing.

Could you please explain more in detail what are you trying to achieve by playing some cool tunes for 20 seconds after user input? I am sorry, but your screenshot is way too small, I can't figure out anything.

Thanks

G.

Actually you can achieve this with slightly changing the queue logic, such as:

Play Prompt (Initial Prompt)

Call Hold

Delay 30

QLoop:

Call Unhold

Play Prompt (In Queue Prompt)

Call Hold

Delay 30 (**see note below**)

Goto QLoop

Replace the Delay step within the queue loop with a Get Digit String step.  To simulate the delay configure the get digit string step to play a prompt of the same duration as the delay you need, such as a silence prompt.  The caller will never hear the prompt since they are on hold but it will allow them to barge in rather than wait for a static delay.  From what I recall Barge In should be set to Yes, Initial Timeout to 0, Maximum Retries to 0, and Input Length to 1.  CM will be streaming MoH outbound to the caller but inbound from the caller is still connected to the UCCX CTI Port so get digit string can collect digits even during hold.  Barge In enabled plus Input Length of 1 should hit the success branch of the get digit string as soon as the caller enters a digit.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris, you have helped to solve one of my biggest Head Aches when Scripting. I did as you sugested and I am all set. Thanks again.

I've recently implemented this solution and when in the queue the MOH music is real choppy, like it's competing with the silence of the get digit prompt.

Thoughts?

The get digit logic does work thought to break out of the MOH and go straight to VM as expected.

Here is another solution that works for me and doesn't cause MoH audio distortion:

Call Hold
Menu (Prompt= P[], Barge In=Yes, Timeout=30s, Max retries=0)
   Pressed_1
        Call Unhold
        Call Redirect to VM
   Timeout (nothing)
   Unsuccessful (nothing)
Call Unhold

Call is put on hold, then a menu is played with an empty prompt P[] and 30 seconds timeout. If "1" button is pressed during this time, call is redirected to voicemail.

I tried this and found that when the menu is preceded by the hold step my menu choices are not recognized. If I remove the hold step the dtmf is accepted. In this case I do not hear the hold music, just 30 seconds of silence in which I can enter digits. I wanted to get this method to work but it is not for me. Not sure if I was missing something else. 

Hi I am also not getting this to work and are getting the same experience as @orlandoguy82, is there any other setting we need to have in place to recognise the DTMF when the call is on hold.

Thanks Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: