cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Leave agent state as Ready after RNA

Joe Bohelski
Level 1
Level 1

I know that I can change my UCCX system to leave agents in a Ready state after an RNA and I have some customers that have requested this be changed from the current setting of Not Ready state upon a RNA because when an agent misses a call, they sometimes don't realize it for quite a while and have been in a Not Ready state since the call was missed and their realization that they've been Not Ready.

I like the idea of changing the setting to leave the agent state as Ready when an RNA occurs, but I have a concern which is... If I change the setting to leave an agent state as Ready when an RNA occurs, will the call come right back to the same agent or continue on to another available agent?  I don't want callers getting stuck ringing to the same agent forever if that agent forgot to manually make themselves Not Ready if they're not available to take a call.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't think it would come back to the same agent right away as I believe the agent go down to the bottom of longest idle (unless you are using most skilled algorithm). However eventually the agent would become longest idle again.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not a good idea as if agent walks away and forgets to make her/himself not ready new calls will keep coming to the agent resulting in large number of RONAs and increased ASA times. I have had few customers wanting to do this in the past but I was able to persuade them not to due to the above reasons. Make sure your customers are fully aware of the potential implications and if they still want it so be it.

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply.  Training the users to properly use the CAD is certainly an issue, but would the same call come back to the same agent?  So if I call a queue and the agent doesn't answer, would my same call ring back to the same agent or go on to someone else?

I don't think it would come back to the same agent right away as I believe the agent go down to the bottom of longest idle (unless you are using most skilled algorithm). However eventually the agent would become longest idle again.

Thanks, Chris.  What you said is correct.  And if I have a queue with only one agent signed in or ready, the call (the same call) does keep coming back to the same agent again and again.  Damn.

Hi Joe

It's just a bad idea - personally I wish Cisco would make it a per-CSQ setting rather than system wide so at least it can just be trialled and rejected by one department/user group at a time rather than a whole customer.

I've had countless customers try this over the years, all of them end up either a) turning it back to 'not ready' or b) realising they don't need CCX in that particular department

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Jakub Stroinski
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Joe,

What we've done is that when the agent misses a call and becomes not ready, he gets a popup on his screen that tells him he's not ready.

This has become very handy in our call center.

Hi Jakub,

That sounds pretty good.  Would you mind sharing how you're doing that?

In Cisco Desktop Work Flow Administrator,

Call Center 1 --> Work Flow Configuration --> Work Flow Groups --> default --> CAD Agent --> Agent Management Work Flows

Click on Not Ready, create an action that is of type Agent Notification. Setup the icon you want, the message you want to display etc. Save, apply, tell the agents to reboot their CAD and step back and admire your work :)

Perfect!  That'll work for us too.  Thanks man.  Beer for you!

:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: